Worldwide routable Garmin maps: URL REMOVED

Thanks, I have sent you the up-to-date styles and typ file.

Thanks for your offer JaVaWa, I was already wondering if KML is supported.

I can change the script that outputs the KML to geoJSON and would appreciate it if you can have a look at the website. All the map code is in openfietsmap_lite.js. I’ve added some extra comments. In the mean time the website can continue ot use OpenLayers as it has been for years, that way I can focus on bringing this live and optimize later.

I hope my coding is not too incompatible with Leaflet…

Thanks Ligfietser :slight_smile:

Forget to mention you might use one of the latest mkgmap versions, it has some improvements, like more languages in the installer (Dutch, German and Spanish) and it supports now gmapsupp’s > 2 Gb (Dont know if your regions are that big though).

Removed

Hi

When is the next a planned update from OSM?

The dataset seems to be from 01-APR-2012

I am keen to compile some new maps on my Garmin, after having made many edits (inserts) on OSM.

Cheers

Removed

That might be a good thing. If I understand correctly, on April 1 the database purge started to remove data from providers who didn’t accept the new licensing terms. Therefore, post 4/1/2012 data should be less complete.

They still havent changed the license so the data is still under cc-by-sa license.
The last update of the demo version of the custom site with the cycling map is from 28/04 (just add index_new.php after the regular url).

Do you mean that the sky isn’t falling? Talk-US sounded like April 1 was the end of the world. Are there plans to leave the old license in place? And will I be able to get an openfietsmap for the state of Utah, USA?

Seldom, you can check the license change progress out on http://blog.osmfoundation.org/
You can test an openfietsmap for Utah here (if this server is not down like now).

Hallo Ligfietser,

Ik ben nieuw op OSM, en heb mij netjes geregistreerd, maar als ik probeer mijn eigen map aan te maken en selecties (3) maak, krijg ik geen verbinding met Duitsland waar alles vandaan komt; waar ligt dat aan?
Groetjes, Karel

Edited by Lambertus: Karel, this is an international forum please continue the discussion in English, thanks!. To answer your question: the custom map server -which is located in Germany- is currently down. I hope it will be serviced by the administrator on Monday.

Usually I’m trying to update every week or so, but OSM is moving to new license and this might cause a temporary reduction in map quality. I’m also working on a new version of the website with some new features and a second map specifically for cyclists. These two topics have caused the lack of updates in the last month.

For everyone out there who is concerned about the lack of updates (I’ve received quite a lot of emails on this topic lately): I have no intention to stop providing the maps.

A newer version of the map is available for the new version of the website but the custom map server is currently down so I won’t provide a link yet. The custom map server will be serviced on Monday, I hope.

Housekeeping note: moved-off topic discussion to it’s own topic.

Update: server downtime is caused by complete powerloss at the datacenter.

Wow!, can’t wait 'til it gets up. Thanks, Lambertus and Ligfietser.:smiley:

Edit Lambertus: fix (for Dutch folks) embarrassing typo :wink:

Did he write LIEgfietser? :wink:

In English to lie or to lie is the same but with different meanings, in Dutch Lieg = lie (not to tell the thruth) and lig = lie (lay down, recumbent).
Fietser comes from fiets (bicycle) which seems derived from the German Vize Pferd (vice horse, the first bicycles were seen as replacement for horse) :wink:

Uhuh :laughing:

Too bad you guys don’t have any embarassed icons, or I’d use one.:confused: Guess my Gymnasiumdeutsch doesn’t translate too well into Dutch. To the east of you guys lieg means to lie, as in horizontal.

No worries Seldom, we know when someone blushes, with or without the correct smiley :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW. Power is back and the website is accessible again.

Ah I see you added a donation button on the new site!

So everybody who appreciates this service is welcome to send tips! :wink:

Yes, I used a rainy Saturday afternoon to figure out how PayPal works and create an account. I had nothing better to do… :roll_eyes:

English speaker needs help. :frowning:
I just downloaded Openfietsmap Lite for Utah, USA.
I can’t see any contours in BaseCamp.
I can’t figure out how to translate the Dutch readme file.
I notice the TYP file is named ofmlite.TYP. I’ve normally seen this as a 5 digit file name.
Do I need to install something with MapSetToolkit or JavawaGMTK?
Thanks.