Open Database License change on 1. April 2012

does anybody already sent messages to this users through osm messaging system?

Here is the link to more detailed info on possible losses: http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=wtfe&lon=34.81772&lat=32.07270&zoom=14&overlays=overview,wtfe_point_clean,wtfe_line_clean,wtfe_point_harmless,wtfe_line_harmless,wtfe_point_modified,wtfe_line_modified_cp,wtfe_line_modified,wtfe_point_created,wtfe_line_created_cp,wtfe_line_created

Easy to see, we’ll must recreate Ramat Gan and Givataim from scratch… Huge work!

Also, talba uploaded many GPS traces, can we reuse them or old license also applies on them?

Is any body leave in Ramat Gan?

I have already send a couple of emails to users and 4 of them has agreed the new license.
would be great if you could publish a hebrew version to ask the users to agree the license.

I have still hope that we will reach talba.
I have send him several emails without response.

Tomorrow we will have new stats (created every week only) and see how many users are left.

From his (talba) gps traces we can try to findout where he lived when mapped :slight_smile:

We are all israelis… security is something we keep in mind all the time :slight_smile: but of course we can give it a try.

“Shualey Shimshon” street has quiet high gps coverage http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=32.079014&lon=34.822358&zoom=18&layers=M. May be anybody can check this area?

I have updated the stats of this top thread today.

I have started to migrate the ways of “one time editors”.
Meaning that I recreated those ways and deleted the way and nodes those users created before.
Of course I started at the bottom of the statistics page. At the next statistics next week I expect around 10 - 20 users less in the stats.
In several cases its easier to migrate the node than to write a email and ask for accepting the license.

I have written emails via OSM to more that 70 % of the users that haven’t decided yet.
Currently I’m blocked via OSM because I have send too many emails, LOL.
Of course I have started from the top to down.

[EDIT] I SEND A EMAIL VIA OSM TO ALL USERS THAT HAVEN’T DECIDED YET.

I know the full name of Talba and I’m trying to get in touch with him through several online ways .
Lets see if there is any progress in the next week.

If anybody is interested in trying to use the offline way (call the telephone company asking for the number / visit his expected home) please PM me.

So, be prepared for ramat gan mapping party?

I started to remap from traces big part of Nazrat Ilit to change license of all work done by genama.

What status of other users from the list?
Any changes? Personal details? Anything?

P.S. User Markus B marked as adopted - what is this mean?

In my personal opinion we should start with the users that have been declined the new license.
Therefor I have posted a list of actual decliners in the first thread and here what is left of their work:

• Cetest
  • jkjk
  • ulfl
  • JohnSmith
  • amai
  • Stefan de Konink
  • moonwashed

We still have a chance that the others will agree the new license, right?

Is there a way to identify the nodes / way / relations of those users only?

P.S. User Markus B is somehow copied and not a problem anymore.
Please ask google for this user as I also don’t really understand what this means :slight_smile:
I just know that he is not a license problem anymore.

but, accordingly to http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Markus%20B his status is Undecided. Are you sure he isn’t a problem?

I think it’s better to start checking all red areas shown at http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=wtfe&lon=34.81772&lat=32.07270&zoom=14&overlays=overview,wtfe_point_clean,wtfe_line_clean,wtfe_point_harmless,wtfe_line_harmless,wtfe_point_modified,wtfe_line_modified_cp,wtfe_line_modified,wtfe_point_created,wtfe_line_created_cp,wtfe_line_created, and if one belongs to this users - start to remap.

You can find informations about the adoption here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Quick_History_Service#User_Overrides_-_.22Adoptions.22

My experience of remapping was that I remapped a town in the north of Israel and after I did that the users that mapped it before has agreed the license, because of my emails!
Of course my work was not useless, as I found a lot of mistakes and could add a massive amount of streets to the area.

Instead of remapping big areas we should create a Hebrew template and use it to contact all undecided users again.
If I understand the stats correctly there where 8 users that accepted the license after my emails. But I send a email only in English.

########

I’m personally searching at the moment for edits of the user cetest and fixing it!

I hope you haven’t actually started to remap as we have good news!

genama, shatun, Randbewohner and Hezi_Cohen accepted the license in the last days!!!

Please, Please create a Hebrew template to send all left users and tell them to accept the new license.
Emails to the users do help!

The time is running and I don’t really expect Talba to “appear” in the next 3 weeks.
So we should consider remapping his details…

So anybody that wants to help could start here and there I guess :sunglasses:

I wrote yesterday another reminder email and today realizing:

gen2002 (nodes created: 20 / highways created: 10) has got just into the top10 users and is already out of the list as the user accepted the license yesterday!!!

Thanks for the great news! :slight_smile:

Mr_Israel, can you publish here what You sent in english and I’ll do my best to adopt this to hebrew.

Can you attend a MappingNight in the next week?

Mapping Night for Ramat Gan and Givataim (Thursday 29.03.2012)

As you know the mapping night went sucessfully and we where able to remap the whole area.
Today should be the last day of the OLD license and the results are looking very impressive.
It would be interesting to know how much data will be removed in Israel.

I’m sure its below 0,5 %

Waiting for the next update on geofabrik, may be we missed some node or two :slight_smile: