Anybody Around?

Theres many unresolved topics, and Noone seems to have posted in a while. Are people still checking the forum out?

Not really.

maybe because of forum.openstreetmap.org? (So people that may answer do not finding the forum?)

Imi: forum.openstreetmap.org?.. Donā€™t quite understand you. Are you saying that if there was a better name, with a clearer link it would be better?

I have requested better linking/advertisment of the forum from the homepage, on the mailing list before, but people think it would be little more than spamming to have a link. I still disagree though.

Well, what did you expect asking in a mailing list for a forum :smiley:

I donā€™t care much whether the ML likes a forum or notā€¦ For that, they are in the mailing list ;).

However, the current forumā€™s url is ugly, unintuitive.

Currently I am holding back and do not link directly into the forum (e.g. from some places in the wiki), because I wait for ā€œforum.openstreetmap.orgā€ to work so I donā€™t have to change all the links later.

Imi.

PS: Note that forum.openstreetmap.org already points to the correct server, however this serverā€™s apache config is not setup correctly and does not recognize the virtual host of ā€œforum.openstreetmap.orgā€.

"Well, what did you expect asking in a mailing list for a forum :smiley: "

Well I did expect people to be able to see things from a different perspective than that of there own.