KKL Import - Stage 2

Hi all,

following the successful import of the KKL forests, I would like now to go on and import the POIs.

There are 1157 of them, representing public KKL sites such as camping/picnic/archaeologocical/recreational.

The data is a table with many attributes. An example:

Full description of the fields is provided in this document (Hebrew only).

I need some help to analyze the data and to decide which type(s) of nodes will represent each and every specific KKL site.

You can browse the dataset here: http://osm-israel.dyndns.org/

1. select the layer “KKL Sites”.
  2. Wait until the markers are visible on the map.
  3. Zoom to the desired site.
  4. Left-click with the mouse and wait a few moments until the data is displayed in the right pane.

Questions:

1. What OSM nodes correspond to every property?
  2. if a site contains more than one “positive” property (say, both picnic site and archaeological site), should this be represented with two separate nodes, somehow distanced apart (say, 10 meters)? Should some properties be combined (for instance tourism=picnic_site and amenity=bbq)?

dimka

Hey Dimka,

great that you have the time for the second stage :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if this is possible but I would add a node for the site.
Additionally I would add automatically a boundary around it and define it like the site.
It would be perfect if we could add nodes in this boundary for parking, picnicsite, restroom etc.

This way you would have all data setup in place. Then we would need to go over those boundaries manually to check if sat images are more effective.
If we could have a list to go through we would be finishing it very fast.

Is this possible?

I thought it would be easier just to automatically add all the nodes relevant to a site, and in addition to create a special relation for each site which would contain those nodes. I am not sure that adding an artificial boundary would be helpful somehow. Probably you couldn’t tell from a sat image where exactly to put a picnic table or a water tap :slight_smile:

This way, no manual check would be needed at all.