Potlatch editing errors

I logged in to Potlatch 2 today for the first time in a few days, and discovered a few surprises…

First, the buttons at the top have been rearranged, with save/undo now on the left and display options on the write.

Second, all kinds of editing functions are broken.

• If I click on a road, its properties do not appear in the sidebar - rather the usual array of buttons remains visible.
  • The undo button works, but it stays grayed out even when there is something to undo.
  • If I click on the end of a road, it is possible to extend it, but there is no dashed line from the road to the mouse position indicating where the next segment will be.

All these errors make editing very difficult… Am I the only one having them?

The new version is build 2.3-15-gdbaf30f

It may be because of this
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/potlatch-dev/2011-September/001220.html
Check your Flash version first.

Don’t think so - I’m using libflashplayer.so 10.3 d162. I’m on Linux Mint/Firefox.

It’s not something that we’ve experienced.

As a first step, you could try clearing your cache in case there are any old config files hanging around which are no longer compatible with the latest version of P2.

If that doesn’t help, you could try installing the debug version of the Flash Player plug-in and reporting any error messages that it brings up (ideally through a ticket on trac.osm.org).

I am having the same problems Eric22 described. The save button also stays greyed out, but you can save by pressing S, the dialogue box saying ‘creating changeset’ and ‘saving’ don’t come up either.

Running XP and IE.

Gone back to Potlatch 1 for the moment.

Peter

Just confirming what is already said above. I’m having debian iceweasel/firefox 7.0.1 running on Linux xxx 3.0.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Sat Aug 27 16:21:11 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux and with Shockwave Flash 10.3 d162. When opening potlatch I can select one road and extend that. Properties I don’t see anywhere. When I let go of the first edited road there seems to be no way of selecting another road for editing, also trying to press ‘C’ for closing the changeset has no effect, saving from the button on the top seems to work but all my changesets are in state “still editing” because I could not close them.

If this matters, I’m having LANG=fi_FI.UTF-8.

Is there a big/ticket database somewhere where to file an error report??

Antti

Like it says above, trac.osm.org.

If you can follow these steps this’ll increase the likelihood of us being able to pin down the bug by a factor of about 8 million: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Potlatch_2/Using_Flash_Debug_Player

Trying OSM in Linux for the first time in a couple weeks, I see that the bugs are now gone for me. Strange. So I guess I can’t help in debugging…