Help/Assistance required

My name is Mobee Adedayo W. I have been Mapping for a few months now (see http://www.informationfreeway.org/?lat=6.573655085488359&lon=3.3261142648913045&zoom=12&layers=B000F000)), but last week I ran into a hitch. I got robbed in traffic and lost both my GPS device and PDA phone i was using for data logging. As I am currently out of work, I cannot afford the cut-throat prices being charged for a GPS unit over here.

I would like to use this medium to appeal to everybody in the spirit of the map that, if anyone has an old/unused gps device that can be spared to please let me have it so as to enable me continue the data gathering. I will be greatly appreciated.

As you might have noticed, Africa is sparsely mapped on OSM and I am very much interesting on putting Africa on the map. I love driving a lot and i believe that if i travel a lot I might as well get the data required for the map at the same time.

You can contact me at macmobee@gmail.com

Thank you all

Dayo Mobee

This was posted a long time ago, but I think I’ll answer it anyways.

I’ve had the same thing happen to me, except my GPS unit broke. What I did was stop mapping for a year and a half, and then just now I’ve started to log my progress by using paper, pen and a audio recorder. So I would recommend that manual aproach if you live in a big city. But I’m guessing Lagos have very low res satellite images, so it’s harder for you…