Worldwide routable Garmin maps: URL REMOVED

The download from sunday/monday works fine again.

I think it was because I didn’t uninstall the old map, I had 2 directory’s With OSM Routable in my Garmin/Maps/

Just for Info. I downloaded again Florida. This time I got a version from 23rd of April instead of 25th of April. I extracted the map to my Colorado 300 and deleted the map from 25th of April and this time the map is displayed and the routing looks like it is working too. :slight_smile:

I never published a version from the 25th of April, only the 23th…

But hey, it’s working now and that’s great :smiley:

Hope I’m not asking something which everyone else knows, but how do I report a broken tile? IT-Parma doesn’t show up at all.
Thanks

The Parma tile is present when I download Italy as MapSource installer. Can you provide more information like

• Did you download Parma as part of country Itay or as custom map?
  • What type map have you downloaded? I.e. for MapSource or the gmapsupp or…
  • Have you tried to clear the map cache if you’re missing the tile in MapSource? (hit ctrl-g twice)
  • I specified a custom map, with Parma about the middle
  • Download was the osm_routable_gmapsupp.zip
  • I didn’t use Mapsource, but loaded the unzipped file directly into my Oregon

All the other tiles loaded perfectly, but Parma is just a white rectangle.

Is that the only map you have on the Oregon? Oregon’s can be picky. If they have an earlier file with the same mapID or Family ID they might not show the later map.

I have 4 other OSMs on my Oregon. In fact, this presents a separate problem, because they are all grouped into one “family” on the GPS, and thus cannot be enabled/disabled separately. Does anyone have a solution to this - can I rename them somehow?

Despite the presence of other OSM on the GPS, it’s hard to see how this could lead to just one tile out of many being rejected.

Well Lambertus, whatever you did to your system you have reduced the queue from days to minutes.

Bravo! :smiley:

Thank the generous person that sponsored the extra server. It tripled the map cache and doubled the map generation speed. The large cache allowed me to disable map expiry on the country maps(which saves CPU power) and increase the custom map expiry period. :slight_smile:

Yes, I’m very happy with that.

And to my surprise I’ve got a second offer for a sponsored server which will allow for even more nice stuff (think multiple TYP files for instance). But at the moment I don’t have the time to use that machine. Real life and a new map version that has some difficulties stand in the way.

Hmm, a new map version has finally been successfully generated and uploaded, but now I’m missing a crucial configuration file… Murphy is having fun yet again. :frowning:

Edit: Fixed that. But what’s up with those two light-blue tiles? :stuck_out_tongue:

I previously reported that one tile of a download was not showing. I have had a repeat case in a different area, but this time I have solved it. As suggested by Seldom, it is due to a conflict between two OSMs, and is resolved by removing one of them. Interestingly, the “invisible” tile is not one which is shared by both OSMs, but the one adjacent to the shared tile. Don’t know why this is, and I don’t really care. Main thing is, that it is solved!

Great news :slight_smile:

The only problem is, I still need to rename the maps. I have found the Dutch tool mentioned earlier in this forum, and the developer has kindly supplier an English version called MapRenamer. However, this doesn’t seem to work on the gmapsupp.img files which I load directly into the GPS. What a pity!

Can’t you rename these maps in explorer?

No - it’s the underlying map IDs of the individual tiles within the gmapsupp.img and the family ID of the whole mapset that’s the problem.

You can try to change the Family ID with gmaptool: http://www.anpo.republika.pl/download.html#gmaptool

Ok I’m not too technical so try to speak in human talk!

Ive been using Lambertus’s maps for a while. I have a garmin scx 60 and I’m using mapsource 6-16-3. I have a windows machine that I was using vista, but have upgraded to windows 7. Since then I can load the maps but I get no detail under about 75miles. I’m thinking its a configuration issue but I can’t figure out how to fix it. I ran something on windows 7 that was some sort of configuration tool but it said it didn’t find any issues.

I’ll see if I can post this screen shot.

screenshot

Hello,

I used a Lambertus generated map for a portion of spain during a recent travel, and I’ve been surprised to have speed camera warning messages poping-up on my Legend HCx.
Is this an intentionnal feature of the way these maps are generated, and if yes, what mkgmap commands are used to obtain this result?

I’ve had more reports of people who had problems zooming in, but when I try the same map on my Vista install the problem always disappears when zooming in and out a few times. It seems random and never persistent. Have you tried to clear the map cache (hit ctrl+g twice)?

Hey that’s cool, although I never heard of this or experienced this before… You’re sure that you haven’t installed a POI list of speedcams along with the map?