Worldwide routable Garmin maps: URL REMOVED

Dear all,
Iā€™m new in using OSM on my Garmin Colorado 300. I have just downloaded a map of Florida and copied it to my SD Card. Unfortunately nothing is displayed on my GPS. The map is ticked under maps but not displayed. I have downloaded the version for the SD-Card. Does anyone can help me?

Hi, I donā€™t know if this has been asked before.
Is it possible to rename a map or to give it a name before importing in Basecamp? I have downloaded a small piece of France around Wissant. I want to name it Wissant, but in Basecamp itā€™s called OSM World Routable. If I have a couple of these I wonā€™t be able to tell which is which.
Thanks for any help or suggestions.

I have installed this on my friends 60CSx, and almost everything works, except for when I search for an address, it keeps saying None Found. It seems to know street names just fine, auto-routing between waypoints.

I have installed it on another friendā€™s unit successfully in the past. I do not know why it does not work now. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Hi,

Check out http://www.javawa.nl/gmtk.html which should do exactly what youā€™re looking for. (Maybe use Google translator if you cannot read dutch).

Hope this helpsā€¦

The download from sunday/monday works fine again.

I think it was because I didnā€™t uninstall the old map, I had 2 directoryā€™s With OSM Routable in my Garmin/Maps/

Just for Info. I downloaded again Florida. This time I got a version from 23rd of April instead of 25th of April. I extracted the map to my Colorado 300 and deleted the map from 25th of April and this time the map is displayed and the routing looks like it is working too. :slight_smile:

I never published a version from the 25th of April, only the 23thā€¦

But hey, itā€™s working now and thatā€™s great :smiley:

Hope Iā€™m not asking something which everyone else knows, but how do I report a broken tile? IT-Parma doesnā€™t show up at all.
Thanks

The Parma tile is present when I download Italy as MapSource installer. Can you provide more information like

• Did you download Parma as part of country Itay or as custom map?
  • What type map have you downloaded? I.e. for MapSource or the gmapsupp orā€¦
  • Have you tried to clear the map cache if youā€™re missing the tile in MapSource? (hit ctrl-g twice)
  • I specified a custom map, with Parma about the middle
  • Download was the osm_routable_gmapsupp.zip
  • I didnā€™t use Mapsource, but loaded the unzipped file directly into my Oregon

All the other tiles loaded perfectly, but Parma is just a white rectangle.

Is that the only map you have on the Oregon? Oregonā€™s can be picky. If they have an earlier file with the same mapID or Family ID they might not show the later map.

I have 4 other OSMs on my Oregon. In fact, this presents a separate problem, because they are all grouped into one ā€œfamilyā€ on the GPS, and thus cannot be enabled/disabled separately. Does anyone have a solution to this - can I rename them somehow?

Despite the presence of other OSM on the GPS, itā€™s hard to see how this could lead to just one tile out of many being rejected.

Well Lambertus, whatever you did to your system you have reduced the queue from days to minutes.

Bravo! :smiley:

Thank the generous person that sponsored the extra server. It tripled the map cache and doubled the map generation speed. The large cache allowed me to disable map expiry on the country maps(which saves CPU power) and increase the custom map expiry period. :slight_smile:

Yes, Iā€™m very happy with that.

And to my surprise Iā€™ve got a second offer for a sponsored server which will allow for even more nice stuff (think multiple TYP files for instance). But at the moment I donā€™t have the time to use that machine. Real life and a new map version that has some difficulties stand in the way.

Hmm, a new map version has finally been successfully generated and uploaded, but now Iā€™m missing a crucial configuration fileā€¦ Murphy is having fun yet again. :frowning:

Edit: Fixed that. But whatā€™s up with those two light-blue tiles? :stuck_out_tongue:

I previously reported that one tile of a download was not showing. I have had a repeat case in a different area, but this time I have solved it. As suggested by Seldom, it is due to a conflict between two OSMs, and is resolved by removing one of them. Interestingly, the ā€œinvisibleā€ tile is not one which is shared by both OSMs, but the one adjacent to the shared tile. Donā€™t know why this is, and I donā€™t really care. Main thing is, that it is solved!

Great news :slight_smile:

The only problem is, I still need to rename the maps. I have found the Dutch tool mentioned earlier in this forum, and the developer has kindly supplier an English version called MapRenamer. However, this doesnā€™t seem to work on the gmapsupp.img files which I load directly into the GPS. What a pity!

Canā€™t you rename these maps in explorer?

No - itā€™s the underlying map IDs of the individual tiles within the gmapsupp.img and the family ID of the whole mapset thatā€™s the problem.