Israel Hiking map

Doesn’t it depend whether you go north-south or south-north?

If we change them, we need to inform Lonvia.
(and I’ll need to update my script, but for you I’ll do it free of charge. :wink: )

talkat.

I don’t know for sure, but here’s what Wikipedia has to say about the matter:

We better make sure before changing anything, I wouldn’t want to give you extra work :slight_smile:

Ooops, youre right! My bad.
Ok, I’ll inform Lonvia.

talkat.

All LCN’s but the Ness Tziona route (which I’m not familiar with) are also hiking trails.
What is the default? (I’ve previously proposed hiking with bicycle=yes)
And BTW… horses…
K20 was builed with horses and not bikes in mind.
I did not check yet but it should be taged accordingly.

Ness Ziona Scenic is definitely NOT a hiking trail, it doesn’t have ITC markings.
Are the other LCN’s officially marked as biking routes?

The Nes Ziona route is marked with a Bike symbols along its length and tends to go up and down hills for biking fun. Hikers are allowed of course.

FYI, Lonvia only shows routes where route=hiking
(route=bicycle are not shown on the map at all!)

I agree that the default should be route=hiking except were this is a specific bicycle route, like the TLV-JM Route, and the Nes Ziona Route.

According to the Key:access wiki page, horse routes should be tagged as route=horse.

Strange that the Key:route wiki page doesn’t mention horse routes.
I remember seeing many of them in the UK.

Not only dimka gives me additional work, now you make me change the IsraelTrails script to include horse routes?.. :wink:

P.S.
How about bus routes?
We have quite a few in Beer Sheva, and only a handful in Netanya and Jerusalem.
But that’s for another topic…

talkat.

bridleway is the name for a horse-riding route.

No, that is the tagging of the way itself. For the relation route=horse is the correct tagging, but they are scarce. AFAIK they are only rendered on the hiking&trail riding map.

bye
Nop

OK
Since the horses are probably best described as “an exotic mean for traveling” we can probably ignore it and wait for some riding fan to work on this issue in the future.

Maybe in the meantime, add horse=designated to the ways?

talkat.

As of this moment, the INT and the Golan seem to have the old markings on lonvia.

That’s because someone (ahem…) noticed that the white stripe wasn’t on the right, and Lonvia doesn’t support it yet… :wink:

talkat.

I wonder, who would this be? ;;;;:wink:

Lonvia is now showing INT and the Golan Trail correctly. :slight_smile:

talkat.

Congratulations -
hikebikemap is now showing black bars and stripes
e.g. http://hikebikemap.de/?zoom=14&lat=31.79399&lon=35.0547

Would have looked better if it had a thin line framing the symbols (like Lonvia has); The white stripes blend with the pale background.

I agree but I find it not critical.
Colin is highly responsive and prooved very cooperative so I might drop him a note if you have’nt done so yet.

I haven’t. Go ahead. And if you come to that, what’s the point in having symbols in 2 different sizes?

Message sent.
Regarding the sizes -
Compare
http://hikebikemap.de/?zoom=13&lat=31.79468&lon=35.06621
http://osm.lonvia.de/world_hiking.html?zoom=13&lat=31.79468&lon=35.06621
I find the hikebikemap use of two sizes to give more accurate marking and less interfering with the basic map (thanks to the tightly spreaded small markings) while yet having an eye catching effect (thanks to the sparse larger markings).