GPS tracklog optimization?

Hello.

I’ve recorded GPS log and converted it into track.

but track contains many points. looking at track I see that some points can be removed as there are several of them laying on the same (almost) straight line.

can you suggest any tool that will do it for me? so I can specify angle and any adjecent nodes forming smaller angle to be removed from track?

thank you.

The JOSM editor has a plugin that can simplify ways. Another option is to sanitize (filter) the route with e.g. gpsbabel before converting it to an OSM way.

Potlatch automatically simplifies tracks on import (when you click the ‘Edit’ link by the track, then the ‘Track’ button in Potlatch).

(Gah, Lambertus, I wish you’d take off this stupid “At least 60 seconds have to pass between posts” filter - really doesn’t encourage us to answer questions!)

There is no such option in PunBB to turn on or off. Anyway, you should at least think about your answer before posting it :stuck_out_tongue:

http://punbb.informer.com/svn/punbb/tags/punbb-1.3/post.php, look for the string ‘flood’. :slight_smile:

I tend to open all the new-looking postings in tabs, then page through them one by one. It doesn’t take me 60 seconds to answer one FAQ (even bearing in mind “thinking about it”), close the window, then answer another!

One problem, this forum does not run PunBB 1.3… but I’ll see what I can find in my (osm custom) source…

The same floodprotection is present in my code as well, but I can’t find the spot where they define: $pun_user[‘g_post_flood’] while I’m still at work.