You are not logged in.

Announcement

*** NOTICE: forum.openstreetmap.org is being retired. Please request a category for your community in the new ones as soon as possible using this process, which will allow you to propose your community moderators.
Please create new topics on the new site at community.openstreetmap.org. We expect the migration of data will take a few weeks, you can follow its progress here.***

#1 2022-09-14 09:50:22

James007834

How can I obtain all of the street names under a polygon in Overpass?

I am new to overpass (after only discovering it last night). I have a polygon I drew on QGIS and I plan to obtain its coordinates (long, lat). I'd then like to use these coordinates in overpass to obtain all of the road names in that area. I found a query online that obtains all road names in a city:

[out:csv ("name")][timeout:2500];
{{geocodeArea:Roma}}->.searchArea;
(
  way["highway"]["name"](area.searchArea);
);
for (t["name"])
{
  make street name=_.val;
  out;
}

How can I adjust the following query so that I can specify a polygon function instead of city/area name?. I'm mindful of the syntax:

(poly:"latitude_1 longitude_1 latitude_2 longitude_2 latitude_3 longitude_3 …");

I'm just not sure where it would go in the query. I tried a few times but I was receiving errors or just blank results. Hopefully if I see an example I should be able to carry out my task effectively.

Board footer