You are not logged in.

Announcement

*** NOTICE: forum.openstreetmap.org is being retired. Please request a category for your community in the new ones as soon as possible using this process, which will allow you to propose your community moderators.
Please create new topics on the new site at community.openstreetmap.org. We expect the migration of data will take a few weeks, you can follow its progress here.***

#1 2022-07-17 18:53:02

HMT-HRO-MaMe
Website

Intermediate Levels best practise?

Hi there, for my job, I try to modell the floor plan of the Rostock University of Music and Drama which is a building basing on a old monastery. This makes the modelling a tip more complex than for usual and this is my first indoor mapping project, even when I'm in private a long time 3d mapping entheusiast wink

So I started with level 0, which looks fine to me. Unfortunatly, some areas of the older building parts have a intermadiate level. This is normal used levels whith rooms and floors connected by steps and elevators, but with dedicated label (german: Zwischengeschoss ZG) and cover only some parts of the whole building. This brings up the question, how you would model this with Simple Indoor Tagging and keep a maximum compatibility to  make the data available to all the diffrerent tools to visualize / routing / ...

What I read is to use also level:ref=* tag to introduce the custom level label "SZ" beside the level=* numbering. But is using level=2 for the 'real' level 1 not pretty confusing? Or is it encouraged to use level=0.5 for this added levels and comes with good compatibility?
I would love to hear some advices from the indoor mapping seniors  smile

Matthias Meißer - Arbeitsaccount für Hochschule für Musik und Theater
Privat lange dabei als user:!i!

#2 2022-07-28 11:38:32

HMT-HRO-MaMe
Website

Re: Intermediate Levels best practise?

I decided to use level=1 for this ZG level, even if it covers only a small area of the whole building: https://indoorequal.org/#map=19.52/54.0 … 43&level=1

Looks ok to me.

Matthias Meißer - Arbeitsaccount für Hochschule für Musik und Theater
Privat lange dabei als user:!i!

Board footer