fixing the "Kaart 2015" buildings (es/en)

me encuentro anotando cosas por hacer, aquí está la query para encontrar las actividades económicas (tiendas y servicios) que Kaart documentó en el 2015. es muchísima información muy valiosa sobre tiendas, restaurantes y actividades de toda clase, pero en ese entonces Kaart decidió representar cada actividad como si fuera un edificio individual, la gran mayoría de los cuales no corresponde con la realidad, además si una parte de un edificio no tenía interés comercial en el momento de la survey, no lo mapearon para nada.

para tener una idea: un edificio linear partido en 10 unidades por alquilar, alquiladas a 10 dueños diferentes, resultó gracias a esta campaña en 10 edificios diferentes. el mismísimo edificio, con las unidades contiguas 1 y 2 alquiladas al mismo dueño, las unidades 3 y 7 sin alquilar, y las unidades 8, 9 y 10 también unidas, Kaart mapeó 5 edificios distintos ((1 2) (4) (5) (6) (8 9 10), separados por espacios como si fueran sin edificar.

https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/1b8U

cuidado con ejecutar esta query, a la fecha de hoy 2021-09-13 en David devuelve más de 200 edificios, en La Chorrera casi 600, en el centro de Colón más que 100, en Panamá en la zona del zoom inicial más que 2500.

since I’m writing down things to do, here is the query to find the commercial activities (shops and services) that Kaart documented in 2015. It is a significant lot of very valuable information about shops, restaurants and activities of all kinds, too bad that at that time Kaart decided to represent each activity as if it were an individual building, the vast majority of which not really corresponding to a building. moreover, if a part of a building had no commercial interest at the time of the survey, that section would not be mapped at all.

To give a concrete example: a linear building divided into 10 rental units, rented to 10 different owners, resulted thanks to this campaign in 10 different buildings. however, the same building with adjoining units 1 and 2 rented to one owner, units 3 and 7 not rented, and units 8, 9 and 10 also rented together to the same shop, Kaart would map this as 5 different buildings ((1 2) (4) (5 ) (6) (8 9 10), separated by gaps as unbuilt.

https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/1b8U

Be careful with executing this query, as of today 2021-09-13 in David it returns more than 200 buildings, in La Chorrera almost 600, in the center of Colón more than 100, in Panama at the default zoom more than 2,500 .

https://openstreetmap.org/changeset/35307400

looks like that Kaart considers that their contribution is correct, that what I expect is just what I expect, without being wrong, so that I can’t expect them to fix something that is fine, but that I am totally free to change it into something that would be equally fine.

this makes very little sense to me, but whatever. I do not have the energy to fix 3000+ elements, in particular not considering that this organization might again contribute information in the same style.

nobody has any opinion?