All polygons disappearing / reappearing in just one spot

There is one area near a park when displayed causes all polygons (parks, water, buildings, etc) to disappear. If I pan out of the area, everything reappears. It happens on 3 of my Garmin GPS’ (Edge 800, Edge 830, Nuvi 760) and in Basecamp. Though in Basecamp the area affected is most of the city and the polygons just stay gone.

I managed to track down what caused it to start happening. I updated my style to use night mode to highlight which paths have lighting. Other than that I wanted the day / night style to look identical. With the natural=land polygon set to either 0x10101 with no night polygon, or 0x10101 with identical day/night polygons the land on my Edge 830 was black. I needed to create a 0x4B polygon in order to get the daytime land color. If I remove the 0x4B polygon from the typ file and generate a new map the issue goes away.

While typing this out it I thought of a few other things to try. I was able to eliminate the need for a 0x4B polygon by adding the following to my mkgmap command line parameters. I previously had no sea options specified.

--generate-sea="land-tag=natural=land"

It displayed the white background in night mode, but the disappearing polygon problem returned. The issue seems to be somehow related to overriding the night land color, and just in that one location.

These are my mkgmap parameters, I first run splitter on the Saskatchewan pbf extract from geofabrik.

java -Xmx1000M -jar c:\OSM\mkgmap\mkgmap.jar --family-name="OpenStreetMap Saskatchewan" --mapname="%MapNo%0000"  --style-file="%StyleDIR%" --check-styles --reduce-point-density=5.4 --index --adjust-turn-headings --ignore-maxspeeds --ignore-turn-restrictions --remove-short-arcs=4 --description="Saskatchewan %FileDate%" --location-autofill=1 --family-id=%MapNo%  --route --link-pois-to-ways --add-pois-to-areas --add-pois-to-lines --generate-sea="land-tag=natural=land" --output-dir=c:\OSM\MapTemp --gmapsupp c:\OSM\MapTemp\%MapNo%*.osm.pbf C:\OSM\CustomMapLayer.osm "%StyleDIR%\%MapNo%.TYP"

Zip file of the style I’m using.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17gbPandRsyIZyVHhG6oPZJvLUEITppuu/view?usp=sharing

Its a minor issue, but I’d like to fix it if possible. I only noticed it recently because riding around on my fat bike in the snow I leave my Garmin on the map display instead looking at how slow I’m going. Any suggestions?

Also is there a way to override the night text colors? The white text with black border is unreadable with a light background.