You are not logged in.

Announcement

*** NOTICE: By 30th of September 2022 the forum.openstreetmap.org will be retired, please request a category for your community in the new ones as soon as possible using this process, which will allow you to propose your community moderators. We expect the migration of data will be finished by that date, you can follow its progress here.***

#1 2020-05-26 18:45:18

Buster452

What tool to work on tags in bulk?

With JOSM I can select a bunch of ways and have it tell certain tag information like "7 <different>, 41,241 unset".

How can I see what those 7 values are and a count of the objects with each value applied?

For example, select an area and count the number of ways by highway type.

It'd be great if it was a tool that could read the tagging and give the same information for KML files too.

Thanks!

#2 2020-05-26 19:13:56

SomeoneElse

Re: What tool to work on tags in bulk?

You could start with taginfo and Overpass Turbo.  If I search for "highway=footway" I get a query like https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/Upe .  You can move the map to wherever you want and also use combinations, like https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/Upf .  Edit the query to look for what you want, where you want.

#3 2020-05-26 19:32:23

Viajero Perdido

In JOSM, double-click the "7 <different>, 41,241 unset" to bring up the editor dialog.
Click the down-arrow beside "Value: <different>"

Result: the drop-down shows existing values with the count of each.

Hit Cancel unless you actually intend to change something.

#4 2020-05-26 21:12:18

Buster452

Winner winner chicken dinner!  Awesome.  Thanks.  So simple.  I never clicked on that down arrow because I didn't want to change the values.

While I don't get get to see it all output in a single report for all tags, at least I can get it tag by tag.  That helps a lot. 

Viajero Perdido wrote:

In JOSM, double-click the "7 <different>, 41,241 unset" to bring up the editor dialog.
Click the down-arrow beside "Value: <different>"

Result: the drop-down shows existing values with the count of each.

Hit Cancel unless you actually intend to change something.

Board footer