Lebuhraya Persekutuan or Kuala Lumpur - Pelabuhan Klang?

First of all, my habit of mapping is to actually stick with displayed signs.

While happily browsing through new uploads on OpenStreetCam, I found this sign:

Because local knowledge or even common knowledge will usually associate route number 2, west of KL, eastbound to Port Klang is Lebuhraya Persekutuan… but this time, I know edit war would happen if this ref=2 section has name=Kuala Lumpur - Pelabuhan Klang (change to name=Lebuhraya Persekutuan is expected).

So, alt_name=Kuala Lumpur - Pelabuhan Klang? shrugs

On the other hand, I guess many direction signs in KL city sprawl explicitly mentions Lebuhraya Persekutuan e.g. an example I could think of it, is as soon as you leave Jalan Duta Toll Plaza, going to NKVE. Well, I’m happy with it actually.

Later edit: Where do actually (common people think) Lebuhraya Persekutuan begins/ends? Street signs are not really clear with it, this is going to be fun if I’m going to be so all over it.

(P.S. Whew, Works Department, why Kuala Lumpur - Pelabuhan Klang? At least Lebuhraya Kuala Lumpur - Pelabuhan Klang sounds better)

Hmmmm… it’s actually Jalan Kuala Lumpur - Pelabuhan Klang… the mystery runs deeper.

The zeroth kilometer of ref=2 is near Klang Traffic Police Station?

Okay, I guess the MCO has gotten into me.

Later edit, there’s more!:

Another milestone, clearly showing the 7 km mark of ref=2.

I think the former image might be where the westernmost point of Lebuhraya Persekutuan is.

Seems like every department is living in their own insulated bubble. Lack of coordination and agreed upon conventions etc. Given that we inherit the Brit’s bureaucracy, there’s probably SOPs already written somewhere by somebody in some committee that is buried under a mountain of files.

If not for non-governmental mappers, these issues will probably never be known. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just put is as alternative name.