Data corrections in Svalbard / Datakorreksjoner på Svalbard

Automatisk oversettelse nedenfor:

Hello all,

My name is Andrew, I work for Apple on the Maps team. My team is planning to work on some limited data corrections and improvements to OSM in Svalbard around the road network, coastal features and land use and land cover polygons, such as parks, university and hospital campuses, airports and similar features.

For example, sometimes coastlines and national parks are missing a correct tag, or are digitized inaccurately (maybe due to old low resolution imagery) and sometimes there are routing problems on roads due to incorrect intersections or missing connections. We will make sure to follow the appropriate OSM and local guidelines.

We have been doing a similar project in Denmark for some time (https://github.com/osmlab/appledata/issues/69). I wanted to get your feedback and see if you had any suggestions or data resources we could use. I don’t anticipate making very many edits.

There’s more information on our Github page: https://github.com/osmlab/appledata/issues/93

Thank you,

Andrew

///

Hei alle,

Jeg heter Andrew, jeg jobber for Apple på Maps-teamet. Teamet mitt planlegger å jobbe med noen begrensede datakorreksjoner og forbedringer av OSM på Svalbard rundt veinettet, kystfunksjoner og arealbruk og polygoner for landdekning, for eksempel parker, universitets- og sykehuscampus, flyplasser og lignende funksjoner.

Noen ganger mangler kystlinjer og nasjonalparker riktig kode, eller digitaliseres unøyaktig (kanskje på grunn av gamle bilder med lav oppløsning), og noen ganger er det ruteproblemer på veier på grunn av feil kryss eller manglende forbindelser. Vi vil sørge for å følge passende OSM og lokale retningslinjer.

Vi har holdt på med et lignende prosjekt i Danmark i noen tid (https://github.com/osmlab/appledata/issues/69). Jeg ønsket å få tilbakemeldinger og se om du hadde noen forslag eller dataressurser vi kunne bruke. Jeg ser ikke for meg å gjøre veldig mange redigeringer.

Det er mer informasjon på Github-siden vår: https://github.com/osmlab/appledata/issues/93

Takk skal du ha,

Andrew

There are only a handful of settlements on Svalbard, and I think they are already mapped. National borders and nature reserves are also mapped. Here are a few ideas if you want to improve the map:

1. Add place names:

Few place names are mapped. The names are shown on the two imageries in JOSM called NPI Scalbard topo and Kartverket Nautical charts, which OSM already have permission to use.

In particular, most of the islands have no names. An earlier import have provided 350 names of islands as single nodes, and it would be helpful if you would like to put these nodes onto the right island next to it. The two imagery layers mentioned will show which island polygon is correct. The imported place names may be downloaded to JOSM with a simple "gns-uni= in Svalbard"* Overpass query in JOSM

2. Refine coastline:

The coastline is not too bad, however it could be improved in many places. The coastline may be traced from the ESRI or Maxar aerials or it could be imported from Norwegian Polar Institute (the S100 dataset) or from Kartverket Dept data (Area: Svalbard). OSM already have permissions.

3. Refine other natural features

Many glaciers, lakes and rivers are missing from the map. The glaciers in particular could need an update because they have been melting and have been reduced significantly in size during the last couple of decades. When the glaciers melt along the sea, a new coastline becomes visible. These features could be mapped from the aerials or could be imported from the S100 dataset above.

Imagery:

• Aerials: The ESRI and Maxar imagery are the only aerials with any detail at Svalbard. They are not properly georectified, so the offset needs to be adjusted using the NPI Svalbard topo as reference.

• The NPI Svalbard topo and Kartverket Nautical charts imagery are the official public maps of this area. They are not supposed to have an offset. The NPI Svalbard detailed topo imagery provides even more details for the Longyearbyen, Barentsburg and Ny-Ålesund settlements.

Thank you NKA, this is very helpful. That’s great to know that permission has been granted for those sources too. Also good to know about the offset, we noticed a similar issue in Iceland. Thanks!