The Free Wiki World Map

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-14 05:03:34

AkuAnakTimur
Website

Map-a-Monday with Grab

Cross-posted from the Facebook group:

Hi All,

Grab would like to invite Komuniti OpenStreetMap Malaysia for a special community event where people carry out mapping tasks while socializing, chatting, learning about OSM and mostly having fun together!

Map-a-Monday is also a great way for experienced and highly skilled OSM contributors to help newcomers to get started with OSM.

They would share on how Grab contribute to the OSM Community and also would welcome any content sharing from Komuniti OpenStreetMap Malaysia

Venue:
Grab Office, Level 17,

1, First Avenue
Bandar Utama
47800 Petaling Jaya

Time:
Monday, 25 March 2019, 3 - 5 PM

Light Refreshment will be provided.

To reserve a spot, contact Faiz Djamil: send him a PM through OSM or conveniently see his contacts under his display name.

Watch this space for any updates.

Last edited by AkuAnakTimur (2019-03-14 05:26:27)

#2 2019-03-14 05:22:26

Faiz Djamil

Re: Map-a-Monday with Grab

Hi All,

Sorry for the confusion, the session has been set to 25/3/2019. You guys also can message me here to confirm attendance.

#3 2019-03-14 15:43:44

Bernhard Hiller

Re: Map-a-Monday with Grab

I won't attend - I'll be some 9000km away...

In the Thai sub-forum, there are some threads on the mapping quality of facebook and grab - sadly in a very emotional and exaggerated style. Still, an important hint can be taken from there:
adding a non-existent connection of roads to the map actually causes more trouble than missing an existing connection.
The imagery can often be misleading, and some "local knowledge" may help, e.g. when "gated communities" can be detected.

I'd also suggest to collect GPS traces from rural areas and upload them (still most of the GPS traces in Perlis outside the main roads were collected during my tours on bicycle...). That will help to better align the current imagery. And perhaps help the imagery providers to better ortho-rectify new imagery before release.

Board footer