You are not logged in.

Announcement

*** NOTICE: forum.openstreetmap.org is being retired. Please request a category for your community in the new ones as soon as possible using this process, which will allow you to propose your community moderators.
Please create new topics on the new site at community.openstreetmap.org. We expect the migration of data will take a few weeks, you can follow its progress here.***

#1 2018-12-12 18:46:55

This Is A Display Name Desu
Member
Registered: 2018-11-19
Posts: 86

Which OSM editor support rotating view?

It would be very convenient when editing a number of parallel structures that are tilted against the North/South axis if the map can be rotated within editor, however it seems like neither JOSM nor iD editor support such action. What are some other OSM editors that can allow such operation?

Offline

#2 2018-12-12 20:31:10

Mateusz Konieczny
Member
Registered: 2013-09-22
Posts: 2,698

Re: Which OSM editor support rotating view?

Why it would be convenient? I am unsure what you want to achieve.

And JOSM has a possibility to change projections. Maybe it can be used to rotate map view.

Offline

#3 2018-12-13 05:36:58

This Is A Display Name Desu
Member
Registered: 2018-11-19
Posts: 86

Re: Which OSM editor support rotating view?

Mateusz Konieczny wrote:

Why it would be convenient? I am unsure what you want to achieve.

And JOSM has a possibility to change projections. Maybe it can be used to rotate map view.

For instance, see description at https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/1981

Offline

#4 2018-12-13 09:27:48

GerdP
Member
Registered: 2015-12-18
Posts: 1,972

Re: Which OSM editor support rotating view?

I'd say what you need is a way to rotate your picture. Did you try to find something for that? Isn't Mappilary doing that?

Offline

#5 2018-12-13 14:50:57

This Is A Display Name Desu
Member
Registered: 2018-11-19
Posts: 86

Re: Which OSM editor support rotating view?

GerdP wrote:

I'd say what you need is a way to rotate your picture. Did you try to find something for that? Isn't Mappilary doing that?

It doesn't seems like what I need. What I need is that for example when there is a square grid of buildings on the ground, it would be much easier to visually align them when the direction of the buildings on map are aligned to the direction of the viewing screen.

Offline

#6 2018-12-13 15:01:39

GerdP
Member
Registered: 2015-12-18
Posts: 1,972

Re: Which OSM editor support rotating view?

I don't see why. With the buildings_tool plugin you can draw one building, select it as a reference and draw the others with perfect alignment.

Offline

#7 2018-12-13 17:20:18

TZorn
Member
From: Leverkusen
Registered: 2015-06-02
Posts: 700

Re: Which OSM editor support rotating view?

GerdP wrote:

I don't see why.

Maybe you can accept that some poeple visualize thing differently than others.

@display guy: Did you have a look at the ticket mentioned above. There someone describes how to rotate the view via custom projection. A bit cumbersome but it seems to work.

Offline

#8 2018-12-13 23:37:46

mmd
Member
Registered: 2010-11-06
Posts: 2,150

Re: Which OSM editor support rotating view?

iD already has an issue for this topic: https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues/4954

Offline

#9 2018-12-14 09:59:59

This Is A Display Name Desu
Member
Registered: 2018-11-19
Posts: 86

Re: Which OSM editor support rotating view?

TZorn wrote:
GerdP wrote:

I don't see why.

Maybe you can accept that some poeple visualize thing differently than others.

@display guy: Did you have a look at the ticket mentioned above. There someone describes how to rotate the view via custom projection. A bit cumbersome but it seems to work.

Yeah it do work although it have to enter degree by numbers and only support particular projections. I guess that could be used for now

Offline

#10 2018-12-18 22:13:49

This Is A Display Name Desu
Member
Registered: 2018-11-19
Posts: 86

Re: Which OSM editor support rotating view?

I have just discovered that the "Go Map!!" OSM editor on iOS platform support rotating view.

Offline

#11 2018-12-18 23:44:53

wambacher
Member
From: Schlangenbad/Wambach, Germany
Registered: 2009-12-16
Posts: 16,769
Website

Re: Which OSM editor support rotating view?

This Is A Display Name Desu wrote:

I have just discovered that the "Go Map!!" OSM editor on iOS platform support rotating view.

Please check Vespucci too. IIRC Vespucci does rotation.

Regards
walter

Last edited by wambacher (2018-12-18 23:45:08)

Offline

#12 2021-11-24 09:40:30

SimonPoole
Member
Registered: 2010-03-14
Posts: 2,195

Re: Which OSM editor support rotating view?

wambacher wrote:
This Is A Display Name Desu wrote:

I have just discovered that the "Go Map!!" OSM editor on iOS platform support rotating view.

Please check Vespucci too. IIRC Vespucci does rotation.
..

No, it doesn't do rotation as envisaged here.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB