You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-14 05:52:02

Mishari

Water in Toilets

Hi All,

I just realized that a very handy tag would be to extend the toilet tag so that one knows what the cleaning options are. Off the top of my head the options can be:
none - for no water
shower - for hand held ones
combined - for integrated japanese style
bucket - self explanatory

But what to use for tags? toilet:wash?

Thoughts?

Best Regards
Mishari

#2 2018-10-14 07:51:00

AkuAnakTimur
Website

Re: Water in Toilets

toilets:wash=* seems appropriate.

IMHO, the "integrated Japanese style" might as well be toilets:wash=washlet tag, per Wikipedia.

Again, Wikipedia suggests bidet (saved everyone a click: taps with a small sink) is slightly different than the usual bidet shower. I guess fancier toilet amenities might offer these kind of bidets (with sinks) rather than the usual bidet showers.

But then again, toilets:wash=shower gets the job done. For those special ones, might be toilets:wash=bidet.

Buckets? I reckon cistern (toilets:wash=cistern) might better fit the description for something like this. In short:

• toilets:wash=cistern (with a water container)

• toilets:wash=shower (the usual, ordinary cleaning option)

• toilets:wash=bidet (for special sinks)

• toilets:wash=washlet (Japanese-style)

Last edited by AkuAnakTimur (2018-10-14 10:44:38)

#3 2018-10-14 10:41:53

AlaskaDave
Website

Clarifying: I use the tag toilets:handwashing=yes/no to indicate a sink with faucet(s) where one can wash hands but I assume you're talking about the spray hose for, in Wikipedia's words, "genital and anal cleansing", right?

I don't believe those small spray attachments found in most Thai toilets should be tagged the same as an actual bidet. It's not a big deal to me either way.

You might gain some insights into a tagging scheme on the Tagging mailing list. (You might also end up with many opposing viewpoints and no clear conclusion.)

Cheers,
Dave

#4 2018-10-14 10:47:37

AkuAnakTimur
Website

AlaskaDave wrote:

[...] the spray hose for, in Wikipedia's words, "genital and anal cleansing", right? [...]

Actually, that's what we're discussing.

#5 2018-10-15 11:18:29

stephankn

As already mebtioned, the base key should be toilets.

I personally never saw a bidet in any toilet accessible to the public.

What I frequently saw is what I guess was called in this thread Japanese style. Foe clarification here is a Wikipedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_bidet

Board footer