Adding housenumbers with StreetComplete

Hi, I am the author of StreetComplete, an Android app with with which surveyors can add data to the map directly. More Info here.

Amongst other things, the app incites its users to add housenumbers to buildings. I have read that in your country, most (all?) housenumbers are imported from an official source, regularly.

On the wiki documentation, it is not stated clearly whether this is discouraged. So that is why I would like to ask you whether adding any housenumbers (on building outlines) should be disabled for your country in the app. Ideally, the linked wiki should be updated to reflect the decision made.

To help you decide on this, here are some facts about what the app does:

When are users prompted to enter a housenumber?

1. Exclusively for buildings tagged as house, residential, apartments, detached, terrace, hotel, dormitory, houseboat, school, civic, college, university, public, hospital, kindergarten, train_station, retail, commercial. Notably not for building=yes

2. Only for buildings which do not contain (or contain on outline) any node that is tagged with a housenumber or -name

3. Only for buildings that are not contained in a larger area that already has a housenumber or -name (such as schools, hospitals, campuses etc)

What tags do the users enter?

Users can enter either a addr:housenumber or a addr:housename. Alternatively, they can leave an OSM note in which they can explain the situation and optionally attach a photo.
No tags are replaced by this app, the users can only add data. They can neither delete previously entered housenumbers nor merge housenumbers from nodes onto a building outline and as said above, are also not prompted to supply a housenumber for buildings that already contain a housenumber node.

Related GitHub issue.

AFAIK this is discouraged. Someone else might be able to confirm and shed more light on this. If you don’t get any answers here, try the mailing list.

I would suggest simply adding a note if not a Norwegian mapper. A Norwegian mapper, or anyone who can read Norwegian, can report errors directly to the Norwegian Mapping Authority at rettikartet.no Its in all Norwegian so hard for others to do it.

The nodes will if it is accurate enough be at the entrance, so moving it to the building itself would remove that detail.