You are not logged in.

#76 2017-10-10 20:04:38

nyuriks

Re: Wikidata-Links

mmd, I don't think we need to add versions for additional tags. They will simply be "whatever the value at that time". It is not as clean as with versions for everything, but it solves the problem when users do not want to merge data themselves. If they need versions, they could merge it themselves.

#77 2017-10-11 11:25:04

mmd

nyuriks wrote:

mmd, I don't think we need to add versions for additional tags. They will simply be "whatever the value at that time". It is not as clean as with versions for everything, but it solves the problem when users do not want to merge data themselves. If they need versions, they could merge it themselves.

Yes, right. As an example, place nodes don't get changed very frequently. In some cases that might be even as much as 5 years. During that time, no updates from Wikidata will be picked up, and data might become stale. So, the update frequency in OSM would then be the only trigger to have updated data from Wikidata merged into the augmented data. Technically this would work, at the odds of having potentially outdated information around - and people wondering, why more recent data in Wikidata won't show up in the augmented database. smile

#78 2017-10-11 11:56:13

nyuriks

Ah, yes, that's true.  We could track Wikidata items, and re-publish OSM objects with unchanged version - I wonder if that would break anything...

Board footer