Contributions to 3D research project needed… www.3dosm.com

Hello,

I am an M.Sc. researcher with the University of Nottingham and am currently conducting a research study regarding the potential for 3D building data collection by OSM users and the crowd.

I am particularly interested in people’s motivations for collecting 3D building information and potential barriers to data collection and editing. I am also interested in the potential for semantic enrichment (e.g. building materials etc.) of buildings via publicly available imagery (satellite and street view).

What can you do to help?

I have created a website to collect some data from the OSM community. I would really appreciate it if you could visit www.3dosm.com and complete the questionnaire and 3D building surveys.

Who is this research targeted at?

Anybody who is interested in OpenStreetMap and has either contributed 3D information or might like to contribute 3D information in the future. Knowledge of 3D surveying isn’t necessary.

Am I anonymous?

All forms you complete (and the resulting data) are completely anonymous and no IP addresses or personal information will be stored or processed.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. I am passionate about sustainable crowd sourced solutions to data collection, and I really hope that with your help this research can support the future of 3D OSM!

Alfie