OpenStreetMap Forum

The Free Wiki World Map

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A fix has been applied to the login system for the forums - if you have trouble logging in please contact support@openstreetmap.org with both your forum username and your OpenStreetMap username so we can make sure your accounts are properly linked.

#1 2017-06-19 19:56:28

fbsel

Missing map section in Ontario Canada

Area of Ontario Canada West of Lake Nipigon is blank. Around and West  of the town of Armstrong. I noticed that several mapping apps that use OSM have the same section missing. Contacting app developers, they agreed that it is missing and suggested that I contact OSM. Dont know if this is the right place or not as I am new to OSM.

#2 2017-06-19 23:57:25

alester

Re: Missing map section in Ontario Canada

fbsel wrote:

Area of Ontario Canada West of Lake Nipigon is blank. Around and West  of the town of Armstrong. I noticed that several mapping apps that use OSM have the same section missing. Contacting app developers, they agreed that it is missing and suggested that I contact OSM. Dont know if this is the right place or not as I am new to OSM.

The area in question
Yes, it does appear that little or nothing has been mapped west of the lake other than a couple of provincial highways and a few roads (though I don't know how much more there is in that area smile ). OpenStreetMap is a crowd-sourced map that relies on volunteers, so I guess there just hasn't been anybody with the time/desire to map that particular area yet. If you frequent that area, feel free to lend a hand! lol

Board footer