OpenStreetMap Forum

The Free Wiki World Map

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A fix has been applied to the login system for the forums - if you have trouble logging in please contact support@openstreetmap.org with both your forum username and your OpenStreetMap username so we can make sure your accounts are properly linked.

#1 2017-01-25 03:23:01

kucai

[JOSM] Mapbox imagery - lower zoom

Hi,

Anybody found a way to work satisfactorily with lower resolution Mapbox imagery? (as comparable as the qualtiy  iD editor extrapolates lower resolution Mapbox imagery). I can only zoom so much before they became indistinguishable blocky pixels. Editing with iD is beyond my tolerance to pain, besides seeming to need an i7 system to work smoothly..:P

#2 2017-02-05 22:37:13

ff5722

Re: [JOSM] Mapbox imagery - lower zoom

Have you tried changing the gamma and brightness settings? Maybe it helps a little.

#3 2017-02-07 03:41:34

kucai

Re: [JOSM] Mapbox imagery - lower zoom

I did and it helps (kinda) in tracing rural highways. But in towns/cities, building outlines and streets kinda merge together into indistinct shapes. I have 1 city and 1 town near me that I am still waiting for zoom 17+-level imagery to trace. Been adding gps traces here and there when I passed by but it would be nice to just trace the whole place from the comfort of my chair. smile

Board footer