OpenStreetMap Forum

The Free Wiki World Map

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A fix has been applied to the login system for the forums - if you have trouble logging in please contact support@openstreetmap.org with both your forum username and your OpenStreetMap username so we can make sure your accounts are properly linked.

#1 2017-01-15 18:07:00

glglgl

JOSM doesn't work in the newest versions

Hi,

until some months ago, I could work with JOSM without any problems. The last version working correctly at my PC (running under OpenSuSE 13.1 and Gnome) is 10526.

Under 11427, I literally cannot do anything any longer.

If I try to download data, I get a java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.openstreetmap.josm.gui.MapView$LayerChangeListener. The same happens if I open a file for editing.

It seems to be such a fundamental error that I think it is probably related to my local installation rather than anything else.

At work – where I use Windows – everything works as it should.

Before raising a ticket, I'd like to ask here: What do I do wrong resp. what can I do?

Last edited by glglgl (2017-01-15 18:07:44)

glglgl

#2 2017-01-15 18:19:47

mmd

Re: JOSM doesn't work in the newest versions

That's probably some outdated Plugin. Check this post: https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtop … 64#p624064

(Translation: Rename plugin directory and try again)

Last edited by mmd (2017-01-15 18:21:39)

The Weekly OSM newsletter attempts to provide a high level summary by reading various mailing lists. Valiant as this volunteer effort to read and curate headlines is, the time has come to use technology in addition to community management techniques to aggregate and to connect the global audiences. K. Chapman, H. Leson (2018). The Open Organization Workbook, p.273 ff.

Board footer