You are not logged in.

Announcement

*** NOTICE: forum.openstreetmap.org is being retired. Please request a category for your community in the new ones as soon as possible using this process, which will allow you to propose your community moderators.
Please create new topics on the new site at community.openstreetmap.org. We expect the migration of data will take a few weeks, you can follow its progress here.***

#51 2013-08-14 18:39:28

Wolmatinger

Re: Classification of Cycle Paths

PeeWee32 wrote:

I don't know if I understand correctly but in NL it is not allowed to park a car on a cycleway so here's an other difference between the 2 countries.

In DE it's also not allowed.

#52 2013-08-14 18:42:45

rayquaza

PeeWee32 wrote:
rayquaza wrote:

Reply 10: And i.e. parking cars are usualy not signed, but they still allow you to use the road between two entrys to the cycleway (which often means between at least two intersections)

I don't know if I understand correctly but in NL it is not allowed to park a car on a cycleway so here's an other difference between the 2 countries.

It is also prohibited in germany, but still cycleways get "unusable" this way…

MasiMaster wrote:

In Austria riders with a racing bike on a training-tour, they are allowed to drive on the road!

This might be allowed in germany, but I'm not sure about this (here we have one of those "and maybe even more exceptions"). If so it is likely the same for whole germany.

OT: A "Bundesland" is called "federal state" in english wink

#53 2013-08-15 23:50:44

MasiMaster

PeeWee32 wrote:
MasiMaster wrote:

In Austria riders with a racing bike on a training-tour, they are allowed to drive on the road! only a "bicycle=no-sign" can stop them (as well as motorway etc.)

I understand this also goes for some "Bundesländer". I heard from a Dutchman living close to the Niedersachsen/Holland border that is is also allowed there.

I think all no Bundesland has special rights, so it should belong to the whole country. I can't find any right that tell that racing-cyclists may ignore the cycleways in germany.

PeeWee32 wrote:
MasiMaster wrote:

I'm not really happy with no_unless, because the double negation (no & un) and the two words. But i don't have a better idea.

On the Dutch forum Ligfietser came up with the "bicycle=use_cycleway" . The best so far. It is difficult (if not impossible) to find a tag to discribe all the exceptions so this one seems pretty good to me.

+1 "bicycle=use_cycleway" is the best so far!

But i think we don't need describe all exceptions in the tag/tagging. It should be enough to explain it for different countries here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_ … strictions

#54 2014-01-06 11:49:09

abrensch

Yesterday I encountered a routing glitch on a long-distance trip using BRouter/fastbike.

A section on B8 in Bad Camberg (Germany) is tagged as a combination not accepted by brouter/fastbike:

- For the road: highway=primary, bicycle=no
- For both cycleways: highway=path, oneway=yes, bicycle=desiganted, foot=designated, segregated=yes

so I got a painful detour up the hill.

Since tagging for the router is evil and because I need to get brouter to work on the existing map material, I now changed the fastbike-profile to accept that situation, I did not change the map.

But the question is: is the bicycle=use_cycleway proposal in a state that it would be allowed to adapt the tagging? And what about the oneways on the cýcleways ?

#55 2014-01-06 16:22:15

chris66

Hi,
wieso geht BRouter denn nicht über die Radwege?

oneway: Ja, das sollte für Radler natürlich beachtet werden.

Zum proposal: Das wurde leider abgelehnt.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Prop … e_cycleway

Chris

Mapper aus dem Münsterland.

#56 2014-01-06 17:14:49

PeeWee32
Website

The proposal is indeed rejected but we're working on a new version. That may take some weeks (i hope).  Although I prefer an accepted wiki page nobody will forbid you to use the tag. In Bremen there are many tagged. This may be a nice test area for your router. In the new version of the proposal we want to use some routing examples. Maybe you can help us making clear what the advantage for routing can be.

#57 2014-01-12 21:56:18

abrensch

chris66 wrote:

Hi,
wieso geht BRouter denn nicht über die Radwege?

Es betraf nur das 'fastbike' profile, und da hatte ich gesagt, ein "ungraded path" wird nicht akzeptiert, weil das im Zweifel auch ein Matchweg ist. Jetzt taggen die Mapper aber oft für kombinierte  Rad/Fusswege highway=path, weil es ja weder 'cycleway' noch 'footway' ist. Ich hab's jetzt so geändert, dass das 'bicycle=designated' den Weg dann doch wieder qualifiziert.

Schwierig wird das für die Zweiräder, die die Radwege nicht benutzen dürfen. Beim Moped-Profil verzichte ich ganz auf die bike-access tags und arbeite nur mit den impliziten Berechtigungen. Ob das für S-Pedelecs so auch funktioniert weiss ich nicht. Heisst ja, dass Fahrrad-Verbotsschilder ignoriert werden, nur das Autostrassen-Schild (motorroad=yes) zählt.

Board footer