You are not logged in.

#1 2007-05-19 13:52:32

k_b

tourist cabins, mountain hut, shelter, etc.

Hi.
Which keys and values should i use to denote places/items alog a hiking track?

In particular i think of
hotell, motell, camping site or similar.
mountain hut, cabin, etc. (with service, with self service, with no service).
wind shelters, (usually 3 walls and a roof). good for a break during the day, usually not for staying over night.

k_b

#2 2007-05-20 09:04:29

Tony Q

Re: tourist cabins, mountain hut, shelter, etc.

hotel , camp_site and motel are already defined for the tag "tourism", so I would just extend that with some additional values.

#3 2007-05-20 19:08:39

Ben

I think you wish to map more than the tagging scheme has currently.  I'd propose them if I were you.  I don't think a hotel and a wind shelter should be muddled up, cause some people might be anoyed on arival.

Ben

#4 2007-06-02 16:24:58

k_b

ok, will propose a few, can i do it right here or should i send it somewhere else?

anyway, here goes the proposals:
tourism:cabin   (simple accomodation, comparable with hostel only in mountain areas or similar) *1
tourism:wind_shelter   *2

* it would also be very good if there was a possibility to add more information about cabins, such as:
service_grade:full
service_grade:self-service
service_grade:no-service

somewhat similar to what the norwegians do, please see:
http://www.turistforeningen.no/english/ … fo_id=3610

The definitions used in norway are very helpful when planning hikes, however i do not know if similar systems would be applicable in other parts of the world?
for sure, sweden uses a similar classification, the norwegian is more informative however.

for wind shelters there are basically two types i come to think of. open and closed.
shelter_type:open   (3 walls and a roof, for those who know swedish/norwegian i think of:vindskydd/gapahuk. fireplace usually in direct proximity).
shelter_type:closed  (similar to shed, 4 walls, roof and door. very small and simple cabin, sometimes with a stove for heating, 2-4 people can stay here, should not be used for over-night staying unless necessary), observe that "closed" should not be interpreted as locked in this case.

i could provide ideas for icons, please let me know where i can send them.

k_b

#5 2007-06-03 11:34:07

Lambertus
Administrator
Website

The current 'social' state of the forum is (unfortnately perhaps) such that proposals, bug reports/fixes and development discussions have better places in the other OSM media such as the wiki (for proposals) and the dev- and talk-mailing lists (bug reports/fixes and development discussion)

So you best put this in the wiki and announce your proposal in the talk mailing list.

Mapping tools: Garmin GPSmap 60CSx, Giant Terrago 2002

#6 2007-06-04 03:15:22

Ben

They may not be tourism, but they can be classed as buildings better I think.  I would suggest adding cabin/wind-shelter etc to the recent building= proposal personally.

I actually like the idea of just discussing it in here and adding it, I'm getting bored of OSM's burocratic wiki now.

Ben

Board footer