memory problem when starting ruby server

Hey,

This might be a simple, noob issue, but I couldnt find it on the forum, so I thought Id post something.

Im tring to install the OSM Rails Port, and am going through the instructions on the wiki, here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/The_Rails_Port

I decided not to populate the database after I first got this error, in hopes that this would go away, but it it didnt.

When starting the server with “ruby script/server” I get an error:
/sites/rails_port/config/initializers/buffered_logger.rb:10:in `%': failed to allocate memory (NoMemoryError)

Heres the full output:

=> Booting WEBrick…
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.0.2/lib/commands/servers/webrick.rb:13: warning: already initialized constant OPTIONS
/home/umar/sandbox/openstreetmaps/svn.openstreetmap.org/sites/rails_port/config/initializers/gpx.rb:2: warning: already initialized constant GPX_TRACE_DIR
/home/umar/sandbox/openstreetmaps/svn.openstreetmap.org/sites/rails_port/config/initializers/gpx.rb:5: warning: already initialized constant GPX_IMAGE_DIR
/home/umar/sandbox/openstreetmaps/svn.openstreetmap.org/sites/rails_port/config/initializers/limits.rb:7: warning: already initialized constant COUNT
/home/umar/sandbox/openstreetmaps/svn.openstreetmap.org/sites/rails_port/config/initializers/limits.rb:8: warning: already initialized constant MAX_COUNT
/home/umar/sandbox/openstreetmaps/svn.openstreetmap.org/sites/rails_port/config/initializers/load_configs.rb:4: warning: already initialized constant APP_CONFIG
/home/umar/sandbox/openstreetmaps/svn.openstreetmap.org/sites/rails_port/config/initializers/load_configs.rb:9: warning: already initialized constant TEXT
/home/umar/sandbox/openstreetmaps/svn.openstreetmap.org/sites/rails_port/config/initializers/buffered_logger.rb:10:in %': failed to allocate memory (NoMemoryError) from /home/umar/sandbox/openstreetmaps/svn.openstreetmap.org/sites/rails_port/config/initializers/buffered_logger.rb:10:in old_add’
from /home/umar/sandbox/openstreetmaps/svn.openstreetmap.org/sites/rails_port/config/initializers/buffered_logger.rb:11:in old_add' from /home/umar/sandbox/openstreetmaps/svn.openstreetmap.org/sites/rails_port/config/initializers/buffered_logger.rb:11:in add’
from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.0.2/lib/active_support/buffered_logger.rb:68:in info' from /home/umar/sandbox/openstreetmaps/svn.openstreetmap.org/sites/rails_port/lib/potlatch.rb:129:in get_presets’
from /home/umar/sandbox/openstreetmaps/svn.openstreetmap.org/sites/rails_port/config/initializers/potlatch.rb:2
from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.0.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:489:in load' from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.0.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:489:in load’
… 20 levels…
from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.0.2/lib/commands/server.rb:39
from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in gem_original_require' from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in require’
from script/server:3

thanks,
Umar

Do you have enough memory? I do have to tell you that there are not not many (none?) developers hanging around on the forum. I think you will get more response in the IRC channel (#osm at irc.oftc.net) or emailing the osm-dev mailinglist.