Suggestion: Discard 0.0 as latitude/longitude in kismet2gpx.py

Hi Everyone,

I don’t know if this is the right place to post because i don’t know how wrote and maintains this script. But i think it’s worth a try here…

i am new to OSM and just uploaded some tracks i recording while is was wardriving using kismet.
I use the kismet2gpx.py python script to convert my gps files to gpx.

I then recognized that some of my tracks simply show a single line in the OSM preview and also when loaded in JOSM.
I found out that it has something to do with invalid latitude and longitude values.
Kismet writes his entries to the gps file also when it has no gps-fix. This is because he found an Access Point and wants him to show up in the gps file. The value for latitude and longitude is then set to 0.0.
The python script now does not remove these invalid entries and so produces an gpx file containing these points (0.000000, 0.000000).
IMHO it would be better to discard these position data by just checking the lat and lon against 0.000000.
I did manually remove these invalid points for testing and got a perfect working gpx file :slight_smile:

What do you mean?

iaby

Can you try to edit the python script yourself? Just find a place where you output the lat/lon and do something like:

if coord.lat!=0 && coord.lon!=0:
    OUT PUT THE COORD
else
     print "Removed bas lat/lon"

Or you can find the script in http://trac.openstreetmap.org/ and you should be able to see who made the script and email him.