tooltip for residential area

I do not specialize in adminstration levels nor their mapping in OSM. The website of Aalen explains: The city is divided in suburbs (Stadtbezirke or Ortschaften, respectively) like Unterkochen or Fachsenfeld. They were independent villages in history until the territorial reorganization in the 1970s. Their subdivisions (Teilorte) are assigned to them, for instance, Himmlingsweiler belongs to Fachsenfeld. The lowest admin level (Himmlingsweiler) are printed on the paper city map (scale 1:20000) as well as on the paper cycle map (1:75000), although you will not see any city limit sign for Himmlingsweiler in nature, because the residential area is merged with Fachsenfeld. But Waiblingen is well separated and is announced with its own town sign (Waiblingen \newline Stadt Aalen).

I agree with Ligfietser that it is impossible to define the perfect tooltip automatically. In this case, the mapper shall add an appropriate tag.

Thanks for the explanation Hornissen. I added the is_in:… tag before the admin levels so at least you can try now if the tag is_in:hamlet for Hermannsfeld and Himmlingsweiler is working for your case.

I have used OpenFietsMap Benelux with this new feature. First of all: thanx for this option. Much better than “residential area” or “bebouwde kom” in Dutch.

At Eelde, my living place, happens something strange. Eelderwolde is shown as ToolTip.
OFM_Eelde
Strang. The place Eelderwolde is about 5 km north of Eelde.

This is caused by a very small overlap of the residential area with Eelderwolde at this point https://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=53.16579&mlon=6.55602#map=18/53.16579/6.55602.
A combination of the (greater) parts of admin_levels should be very nice: Eelde-Paterswolde is also display on the traffic signs for the city limit.
When using all parts of the lowest admin_level, it would result in “Eelderwolde-Paterswolde-Haren-Eelde” because there is also a small overlap with Haren (province Groningen). https://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=53.15792&mlon=6.56390#map=18/53.15792/6.56390
This happens also at many more places with a common border.

For this residential area I will change it later into “is_in=Eelde-Paterswolde”.

I think the problem here might be the way how mkgmap calculates the values for a way.
For a way with n nodes it will look at node n/2 and use the values of this position. For closed ways it could be better to calculate the centroid or something like that.