ВАНРЕДНО СТАЊЕ - ПОПЛАВА (Floodfill)

I know that and we appreciate your efforts.
I know a few people that come from flooded areas, but at the time, they were in other cities and not at their home.
It’s also hard to make people cooperate on something they can avoid by using cracked or currently (partially)free software and data.
I had some info from radio amateurs because they had live broadcast. I heard which areas were flooded before it was in the news so I tried to map them first and make them priority (on HOT OSM).
Sorry but I couldn’t obtain any other field data or feedback.

Most of the people go for the easiest and probably the only option they know when it comes to printing maps. And that is Google maps.
That’s because nobody checks licenses until they have to pay to access something and there is no crack available.
These guys had to use OSM for website because using GM would require them to pay.
That’s why we organized OSM presentations in Novi Sad.

Are you interested in helping map other areas which were not flooded, but there is someone on the field who can help?
I can help you with Novi Sad and the surroundings.

btw very good work helping Krymsk…

This is completly wrong way. Such “online” approach simply doesn’t work. Even if you were able to quickly make a good map of that place (while it is surely not possible) - that map would remain a useless bunch of bytes. Map should be used off-line, on the ground. That is by non-resident volunteers and resquers (locals know their place without any map). And here is your mission - to spread ready maps among them. Find their chiefs and say:

“Guys, I give you such atlases, they are much better than Google maps”

“Or can I give you good Garmin maps right now”

“And I can correct this maps and tomorrow you will have even better map. And I can place on this map your temporary food and water points, and medical points - just say what do you need?”

Well, it is not very interesting. Look, we have whole Siberia (http://sr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A1%D0%B8%D0%B1%D0%B8%D1%80) to map :slight_smile:
In fact, even map of my own city is not perfect (though it is much better mapped than Belgrad) and I have a lots of things to draw just around me.

That’s what we did.

I hope we will be better prepared the next time something bad happens…

I don’t have any other new info.