Kendzi 3D

Looks, plugin “kendzi3d_Improved_by_Andrei” is outdated. Contact the autor or install regular version of plugin “kendzi3d”. I made there lot of improvements.

I removed “kendzi3d_Improved_by_Andrei” and install “kendzi3d” but stile there error
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5u-7P8LbyguNmhGQjFjU2xrOU0/view?usp=sharing

Dear Kendzi,
please go in touch with user Cetusek from Poland. He made an refreshment of CAD Tools PlugIn, made by the same group of my students from Brasov in Romania.
For Andrei this Job was a bachelor project. Now he is working on master and has no time.

I believe, you can find the source code in his github.

@mustafakamil:

Sure you have selected the log4j-Plugin? See in JOSM-Plugins (F12) and search “log4”. Maybe it’s deselected? Or is it missing?

yes I’m sure selected the log4j-Plugin

Please run JOSM from command line witch command:
java -jar josm-tested.jar
Then copy paste the error message from console. Some details

I guess the problem is with outdated ejml version used by geotools:
https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/12097
https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/browse/GEOT-5300

You may try to uninstall and check.

It is working now thanks
after uninstall

I’ve also been experiencing this issue on Windows, even after clearing the Java cache, removing the JOSM data folder and re-installing JOSM without enabling any other plugins than Kendzi3D and its prerequisites. However, this error appears only when launching JOSM via the Web Start .jnlp or the Start Menu shortcut. The plugin is able to load when JOSM is launched from the josm-tested.jar file.

It is different problem. Some time ago JOSM was switch to java 8. Unfortunately java 8 changed the way now web start behave and now kendzi3d has to be adjust to work. Here is bug for that. Before is fixed please use standalone version of JOSM.

I see from here http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM-4D/Roof_table that Subtype 9,equal hipped is implemented but i don’t have it.
I think i use latest version - kendzi3d :version 1.0.192, kendzi3d-resurces :version 0.01

And the other question-can you set the roof angle from the shortest side of the roof.- I wanted to upload an image here to show exactly what i mean but i don’t know how

Looks like someone change the name on wiki. It is implemented but under “roof:shape” tag values: “complex hipped”, “9.0” or if building shape is not rectangle, don’t have tags orientation or direction then is rendered on value “hipped”.

The roof like that has all angles equals no mater from which side you starts.

Btw. check Simple 3D buildings wiki page. It has some useful information about tagging implemented by most of renders.

Thank You it’s working!

Hello. I downloaded Kendzi3D plugin. It’s looks great. However it doesn’t export models successfully. 3DS Max couldn’t import. It says there is no element in this COLLADA file.
:frowning:

Is export models to files working in kendzi3d JOSM? I managed to export the file and no matter what i export it always has 456bytes.it’s .dae file and i tried to open it with C4d 17.C4d recognize it as .dae file but after it opens there’s nothing.

I use JOSM 11223 version and kendzi3d: Version 1.0.192.I know there is a more recent version of JOSM but after i updated it kendzi3d is not working anymore.Is there a newer version of kendzi3d which is working with latest version of JOSM?
and also the Andrei’s Maneasa plugin doesn’t work also in neither version of JOSM

Is the plugin abandoned? It would be unfortunate, the last release according to github was 2018 (so 6 years ago) with not much response to issues as far as i could see. In Error : java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index -1 out of bounds for length 1 · Issue #102 · kendzi/kendzi3d · GitHub there is something else mentioned and there is a dev-version available.

Reason asking: With JOSM 18907 and kendzi3d 1.0.205 it doesn’t do anything, with the dev 1.0.206-SNAPSHOT-2 the plugin just breaks.

Would be really unfortunatey because it was able to mess around before uploading and check simple stuff.

1 Like

Hi Negreheb,
as far I know is Kendzi now one family father with limited time to OSM. Unfortunaltely! It would be great if we could found somebedoy who could take over responsibility for this great plugIn. I have sitll contact data to Kendzi. I´m sure he would explain his plug in for one developer.
Best regards,
Marek

Great, I thought on something similar :slight_smile: But I’m still not sure if this is a good way, as this has to be very general textures and it’s difficult to store informations for projection/mapping, reflections etc. I had no good idea how this can be solved (esp. if I look at my upcomming open3dmap repository), so please let’s take care that this doesn’t get to big before we do the 3D developer workshop :slight_smile:

This is one issue for organisatoin of one 3d developer meeting online. Luckily it´s very easy nowadays. Weshould collect questions and especially ask if somebody could take over the development of Kendzi 3D.
" to store informations for projection/mapping, reflections etc."- its just the question of one agreement foor the 3D specification then we can go on :slight_smile:
Best greetings,
Marek

That sentence is so confusing… Is it possible you misread something here?

1 Like