road classification and numbering discussion/poll

Poll (draft)

Proposal 1
Motorways= high-speed multi-lane dual carriageways with emergency lanes and grade separated junctions
Trunk roads= A-roads that are not motorways + major urban avenues (3+ lanes)
Primary roads= roads connecting cities (pop. >10000) and primary POI like international airports and border crossings + primary urban roads
Secondary roads= roads connecting towns (pop. >2000) and secondary POI + secondary urban roads
Tertiary roads= roads connecting villages + tertiary urban roads with priority

Proposal 2
Motorways= high-speed multi-lane dual carriageways with emergency lanes and grade separated junctions
Trunk roads= A-roads that are not motorways + major urban avenues (3+ lanes)
Primary roads= P1 roads + primary urban roads
Secondary roads= P2 roads + secondary urban roads
Tertiary roads= P29 roads + roads connecting villages + tertiary urban roads with priority

Proposal 3
Trunk roads= defined expressways
Primary roads= A-roads
Secondary roads= all regional roads (P1, P2, P29)
Tertiary roads= roads connecting villages

Proposal 4
-anything else

EDIT01: this is a draft poll, you can make suggestions about the poll
EDIT02: your votes should be like this: i vote for proposal 1

any objections, suggestions?

Roads in Macedonia are defined as:
A roads - highway / expressway / magistral
R roads - regional road
L roads - local or municipal road

Classification at OSM in Macedonia is good.

this is the legal classification (osm goes by trunk, primary, secondary etc)

i m traveling in your country for business and the navigation software went crazy (roads missing, motorways interrupted by secondary roads, signs with M2 which are actually A4, A1 connecting Gevgelija to Skopje AND Prilep to Gradco?!)

also this new A-road scheme is too confusing (A1M,A1a,A1e), there must be a better way to map this

the poll (#1) is ready for discussion

Before we start to vote we have to answer on the most important question :

Are we need new road classifications when we already have classification when more than 90% off all roads are already one on this way?

Did you check directions for tagging roads in Macedonia
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mk:Macedonian_roads_tagging
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mk:Map_Features

Did you check what is already done with the road network in Macedonia?
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Macedonia/Road_network

All Macedonian local mapping community is already mapping by this recommendations last 3-4 years.
Did we want to change them is the main question and if we decide to change them than we can discus how.

Of course you have right to give suggestions or to try to improve mappings, but also it’s very important to respect what others have done until now.
Specially when you are guest in the local mapping community, coming from other country with out good knowledge of roads, when you don’t know the local language and you can’t find enough relevant information’s about local laws and situations on the ground.
Just because you didn’t like something or it’s not logical for you you can’t delete whole map and start it from begging with your own rules.

You already have done so much changes in the Macedonian road network before anybody agree or vote for your suggestions.
I almost can’t recognize map and so much work from lot of people in last couple of years is gone.

Did you find and some other countries where you don’t like how they map and you are going to fix them too?
Are you going to open pools for changing the road classifications just for Macedonia or you will do the same for Germany, France, Italy Japan or US if you didn’t like them?
Can we come and open pool for changing road classification in Greece if we don’t like it?
Can we go and change everything there even if you don’t like or need this?

if you have such a big problem, i can revert the changes

BUT the best way to solve this is by voting, i dont think you are afraid of a poll
you can come in the greek forum and propose a poll any time, this is how we do things

actually you are the only one who objected to all this

the fact that 90% of the roads use a certain scheme its not a valid argument, just indolence

I am just thinking do we need changes because you until now nobody doesn’t complain, you are first.