OpenStreetMap Forum

The Free Wiki World Map

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-30 22:40:43

Visiting Irland - Meet local mappers?

Hi there, I'm coming from the german division and will spend 2 weeks in Irland in the middle/end of march. Is there a OSM community and is it interested in an 'international' meeting? wink
I will arrive in Dublin, the rest of the journey is currently unplaned but I wan't to stay on the countryside.

kind regards
Matthias

#2 2010-02-01 12:44:43

Re: Visiting Irland - Meet local mappers?

Hi Matthias,

There are a few of us in Ireland and the Dublin region. It would be nice to meet some fellow mappers. We also have an IRC channel #osm-ie where some of us hang out

Rory

#3 2010-02-01 13:01:23

!i! wrote:

Hi there, I'm coming from the german division and will spend 2 weeks in Irland in the middle/end of march. Is there a OSM community and is it interested in an 'international' meeting? wink
I will arrive in Dublin, the rest of the journey is currently unplaned but I wan't to stay on the countryside.

kind regards
Matthias

Hallo Matthias,

ein Treffen geht allerdings. Es kann sein, dass ich in dem Zeitraum in D oder Ö bin, aber wenn nicht, bin ich auch dabei. Du wirst feststellen, dass sehr viele von der irischen Mappinggemeinde Deutsche oder fast-Deutsche sind. Über IRC sind wir alle am besten zu erreichen, auch die irische Mailingliste is aktiver als hier im Forum.

(to the non-German-speaker - sorry for the bad language, do not adjust your sets...)

Dermot

#4 2010-02-01 18:36:58

ok i'll try IRC later. But why so much germans here? Travallers? Outside workers?

Board footer