Please revert all my changes in the Wiki

Hello,

By accident I’ve updated following Wiki pages:

21:09, 7 January 2016 (diff | hist) . . (-157,435) . . Uk:Android  (updated auto-generated tables) (current)
21:09, 7 January 2016 (diff | hist) . . (-11,191) . . NL:Editors  (updated auto-generated tables) (current)
21:09, 7 January 2016 (diff | hist) . . (-57,394) . . Apple iOS  (updated auto-generated tables) (current)
21:09, 7 January 2016 (diff | hist) . . (-157,435) . . FR:Android  (updated auto-generated tables) (current)
21:09, 7 January 2016 (diff | hist) . . (-35,952) . . RU:Android  (updated auto-generated tables) (current)
21:09, 7 January 2016 (diff | hist) . . (-9,499) . . Software/Bada  (updated auto-generated tables) (current)
21:09, 7 January 2016 (diff | hist) . . (-1,961) . . Software/Brew  (updated auto-generated tables) (current)
21:09, 7 January 2016 (diff | hist) . . (-3,497) . . DE:Bicycle/OSM-Radfahreranwendungen  (updated auto-generated tables) (current)
21:09, 7 January 2016 (diff | hist) . . (-56,527) . . DE:Apple iOS  (updated auto-generated tables) (current)
21:09, 7 January 2016 (diff | hist) . . (-11,907) . . FR:Éditeurs  (updated auto-generated tables) (current)
21:09, 7 January 2016 (diff | hist) . . (-11,129) . . Editors  (updated auto-generated tables) (current)
21:09, 7 January 2016 (diff | hist) . . (-15,930) . . Software/Accessibility  (updated auto-generated tables) (current)
21:09, 7 January 2016 (diff | hist) . . (-12,945) . . Openmoko  (updated auto-generated tables) (current)
21:09, 7 January 2016 (diff | hist) . . (-16,402) . . User:Ikonor/Android  (updated auto-generated tables) (current)
21:09, 7 January 2016 (diff | hist) . . (-34,370) . . Software/J2ME  (updated auto-generated tables) (current)
20:53, 7 January 2016 (diff | hist) . . (-53,296) . . Uk:Apple iOS  (updated auto-generated tables) (current)
20:53, 7 January 2016 (diff | hist) . . (-19,193) . . DE:Bicycle/OSM-Radfahreranwendungen  (updated auto-generated tables) 

I’ve recompiled my old code with current version of the TTTBot and started it. After few minutes TTTBot had crashed with StackOverflowException in the regex.

Could you please revert all my changes for today.

Thank you very much.
Dima

Will try to revert manually

Done (whew)

Hello Dmytro,
generally I appreciate all efforts to get TTTBot back to work.

But did you have a discussion about these special bot run on any OSM channel before?

Because it would be good to have a review of your aims before starting that bot on real Wiki data.

Maybe http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Sandbox is a good starting point?
You can create sub pages there, and copy the recent content from [[Android]] etc. to there.

Then do first bot runs on those sandbox pages.

Hi Stepaphan. Actually I did not try to resurrect TTTBot. I’m implementing another application based on Template:Software2 data. I tried to reuse TTTBot code but unfortunately it does not work.

I’m not sure if TTTBot will be able to work in Sandbox. What it does is:

1. Retrieves list of all pages which have {{Software}} block
  2. Parses them
  3. Retrieves list of all pages with SoftwareTable and SoftwareTableColumnDocumentation blocks and populates those blocks with data from #2. It would be good to have a copy of the current WIKI started in parallel so I can try to play there.

Also what is target OS for TTTBot?

I am not sure … repository is at https://github.com/tordanik/TemplatesToTables

In case of doubt, ask user Tordanik.

TTTBot runs on the Java Virtual Machine, and should therefore work with most operating systems.

I can try to repair TTTBot but I’m not so good in Scala.

BTW, I have C# code which can download and parse Software tables. I can adapt it to meet TTTBot requirements. Theoretically it can be executed on Mono. So at least I have few options.

Hello Dmytro,

I appreciate your efforts!

When there is anything that normal OSM users like me can do (like testing or similar) about anything related to TTTBot features, let us know!

Tordanik, could you please run one more instance of Wiki server for testing?

I’m not sure if I understand you correctly. Do you mean a copy of the OSM wiki?

Yes

As far as I know, there is currently no dump of the OSM wiki contents available. They used to be on http://dump.wiki.openstreetmap.org/ – but it broke a year ago and the admins have not responded to bug reports yet (not that I’m in a position to complain…).

And to be frank, I’m not really an expert at Media Wiki administration, so while I would manage to set a test wiki up, I’m not really more qualified for the task than anyone else.

Ok… I guess I need copy of database and php files of MediaWiki. Having this I can try to install Wiki locally on my laptop.

Hi, maybe you could ask user Harry Wood, he already has a (tiny) test wiki set up at http://harrywood.dev.openstreetmap.org/testwiki. But unfortunately, I have no clue about your requirements or its limitations.