street as area

А как он отображает? У меня не видно ничего такого.

Нужно включить их отображение: в меню Настройки карты (кнопка находится вверху слева на экране карты) найти “Подробности”, в этом диалоговом окне включить галочками “Отображать тип покрытия” и “Отображать качество дорог”.

Проблема не в Османде. Проблема в рендере на главной странице. Потому что это “лицо” проекта. То, что теги типа покрытия и “гладкости” поддерживаются где-то там, в каких-то программах и где-то там в неизвестных рендерах, поднятых Васей Пупкиным на домашнем компе, это хорошо, но не совсем то, что хотелось бы.

Якщо я правильно зрозумів, то на головній сторінці підтримки street as area взагалі поки немає.

И наверняка не скоро будет. Для этого схема тегирования должнп хотя бы выползти из пропозала и получить широкое распространение. Кроме того намного увеличится нагрузка на сервера, а ведь это не одна-две страны, а весь мир в режиме реального времени.

This is only small server from the polish OSM Community. We can not make the whole world. We wish to show our friendship and render also Ukraine.

On the other hand more and more mappers from Germany are interested in such mapping. I think they will make some similar for Germany sooner or later.

We should make facts and map it. This is only possible way to get this rendering on the main page.

Тут вони хочуть більше замапленого street as area щоб козирнути перед наглядачами Mapnik стилю “мол дивіться в нас вже он Україна з польщею з Німеччиною замаплені, а ви нехочете включати в свій рендер”

Сумніваюсь. І хто це “вони”?

I can good remember begin of 3D in OSM. Thousands of discussions without results. I invited mappers to me and show my research results from 1998. I did it with my German urban planning students from technical university in Hamburg. Their job was to search after most typical roofs worldwide.
After this meeting everybody was Happy, the standard was born.

About this topic: I was supervisor of two Master degrees in computer science. Both tried to win satisfactory results with realistic representation of streets as area based on tagging width and number of lanes. In 80% of cases the results are very good, in 20% not. Maybe I should invite mappers again and show them all the problems with generic appr oach? I know how difficult it is to begin alone fully new things. There is No “they“. There is crazy Marek and now some other crazy OSM friends they believe in this approach.
With best regards,
Marek

Marek, maybe you understand me wrong. With “they” word I mean group of enthusiastic with chief Marek :slight_smile: . I use this word to separate users who want changes and user’s who don’t want changes and don’t know for what this is all.

Dear KKS, everything is fine. When you all in Ukraine work so hard, you make all one of the best OSM map in Europe. I am thinking about visiting you all in Kiev becouse of your fantastic Job. What do you think about one short street area and 3d mapping workshop, lets say end of September?

I putted in wiki some sketches regarding a:h drawing:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/area_highway/mapping_guidelines

For now, all sketches without comments. Do you have other ideas, questions, suggestions?

оце доречі великий батл в автомобільних кругах проти ПДР на тему “Що таке перехрестя”, і після тонн букв вийшло що тут не одне перехрестя, а чотири… згідно наших ПДР

Тут взагалі йде в розріз з ПДР. В нас же перехрестя обмежується початками радіусу заокруглень.

4 Marek: 1st pic a bit contrary with our traffic rules. In Ukraine traffic rules - junction is - crossing roadways of each road. 4 roadways = 4 junction = 4 junction polygons?
2nd pic: Again, in our rules borders of junction - start rounding of roadway. Pedestrian crossing such as on pic - not part of junction in Ukraine.

@KKS
Я би не став притягувати це до ПДР. По-перше, водії повині дивитись на дорогу; по-друге, запропонована схема мапінгу потрібна для візуалізації дороги, щоб водій мав уявлення про перехресття по якому він потім буде проїжджати

I would not compare this with the traffic rules. 1st Driver must look to the road, 2nd proposed tagging schema is needed for road visualization, the driver will have an idea of the crossroad on which he will then pass

Нашел тот перекресток, на основе которого показан пример тегирования, загрузил в JOSM и… никаких area:highway в помине нет.

А для чого тоді тегувати перехрестя як перехрестя, якщо воно в плані рендеру нічим не відрізняється від дороги?

Те перехрестя було зроблено як приклад не засобами OSM

Кажется, на форуме проскакивало:
Для того, чтобы рендерер не рисовал дорожную разметку на этих участках (“полосочки вдоль дороги”, к сожалению, не владею терминологией).
Но точно не знаю.

The question would be: for what do we (Ukrainian user) need that?
The reason for this complex areas is to simplify voice messages of navigation systems:
If I had area:highway, I can generate only one voice message, for instance: make “U” turn. without area crossing I get in Example (pict) nr. 1. the messages for every node in the crossing: drive staight on / drive left/ drive left/ drive staight on.

From the legal point of view and traffic rules we have still the nodes on the crossing. If somebody need special personalization of navigation system according to the local traffic rules, it is still possible.

With other words, in this example: 4 roadways = 4 junction = 1 junction polygon

RFC area:highway is now in the tagging list:
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2015-August/026278.html

Please make positive lobbying :wink:

I added one hint for a:h mapping guidelines:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/area_highway/mapping_guidelines#Paralel_ways

Best regards to all Ukrainian OSM friends!
Marek