Worldwide routable Garmin maps: URL REMOVED

I’ve been trying to request a manual tile selection routable cycling map…I continue to get the first email with a “check status” URL but the second email does not come through. This is what I’m seeing when I click on the URL in the first email:

“This request could not be found in the queue. Most likely the map is already generated and you received another email containing the url where the map can be downloaded, or you should receive that email shortly.”

Same thing for the last 48 hours. Please advise. Thanks!

I’ve tried several requests for a Routable Bicycle map throughout the day-- I have only received the first email. When I attempt to track the status I get this message:

“This request could not be found in the queue. Most likely the map is already generated and you received another email containing the url where the map can be downloaded, or you should receive that email shortly.”

But as I wrote above, I have still not received the the other email with the url.

If it helps this was my latest status link contained in the request’s initial email:

Below you find a link to a webpage that shows the current status of your request.
<http://sfs4.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/garmin/status.php?id=aa0c5a53b07bf8d59b0dab34798503df>

I really think your service is AWESOME! I just hope I can get it to work…

Please Advise,

Ed Coda

Morning,

i use that Service also since Monthes - great thing and most times it works very very well ! Thank you very much all for that.

Since some Days i have the same Problem - Germany maps didn’t work any more. There is no Installer not on the Routeable and not on the New Style Routable. Have tried to get the map with manual selection (just adding one small tile) but this didn’t work. There is no request any more in the queue and i get no download link.

And i see also that Red Tile in the Germany Map (near Strassbourg).

Maybe someon is able to fix that Problem with the Germany map.

Regards Mario

Hi,

I’ve used this excellent service before and think it is fantastic. Unfortunately, this time I am having the same issue as previous posters.

Since last night I have been trying to request a routable bicycle map but I only get the first email. If I click on the link to track the request I get this message:

I have tried 3 times now, twice last night and once this morning, but the second email has never arrived.

Please can you help?

Thanks in advance.
Neil

Hello!

I also have the same problem. Trying to generate the map, but only get the first mail and not the completion mail. I love this service and use it for every trip I go on so I hope it gets back to a working state again.

Cheers

/Robert

Wierd that the service chose to use the osm2 server as it is indicated as not available. But perhaps it’s because there is a problem with the only available server sfs4. Looking into it. This is why everyone’s custom map request is failing too.

Edit:
The remote filesystem that stores all the maps is not mounted after a server reboot. I’ll ask the server admin to look into this. The temporary solution is to use Country maps only.

Thanks ligfietser, that was the problem!

I had the maps disabled on the device, but I guess the img gets processed anyways. Out of curiosity I have had multiple same tiles from different maps present on the device before without issue, I suppose internally when they are generated by the server the associated tile number is somehow randomized or unique to each map set? Ex: in my area the preset map for New York State and Quebec Province share tiles, but don’t cause the blank tile/map, and both cooexist on the device.

But anyways thats a moot point since the problem is fixed!
Thanks for the quick help!
:slight_smile:

I have Garmin eTrex10 gps. I have put the northern region of Sri Lanka map and I was successful (OSM generaic routable LKA_01-07-2015). I can see the roads in openstreetmaps but my gps (Garmin etrex10) didn’t display the streetnames. Is there any way to display the street names in Garmin eTrex 10 GPS? I can see the streetnames in Garmin map source.

@Umapathy: I dont know the Etrex 10 but I think you can enable streetnames or change the zoom level in the settings of your device somehow.

Officially the eTrex 10 doesn’t support maps at all, so I assume it simply isn’t capable to display street names.

I have tried to make some maps for eTrex 10. I had device for a short time and I even haven’t noticed missing names. They could clutter the screen anyway. Surprising is that eTrex 10 with detailed maps supports address search, POI search, POI data like address and phone number, marine objects. It would be a nice B&W device if it had more internal memory.

eTrex10 does support maps. Onlything we need to copy the whole content of the GPS to a computer (for backup purposes) then delete file named gmapbmap from the gps. From the mapsource send the required map and rename the map as gmapbmap then it (GPS) loads the map. I think the device only look for a particular filename (gmapbmap) to load the map.

I tried the zoom setting but I wasn’t successful. I don’t know any setting or any undocumented feature in Garmin eTrex10 GPS to display the streetnames.

Thanks I also seen POI which is nice but would be even great if it displays the street names. I don’t mind about B@W screen. Basic display is sufficient enough for me atleast for now with my current earning in Sri Lanka.

Hi,
just want to get a map for the Seychelles, using 'new style, but get nothing. In the log I found lines 'tile xxx Image not found.
Any idea.
‘Old’ style map works out.

With best regards

Gerhard

I just wanted to report that I am not getting the windows install option to download.

This are the options that I get:

Free maps for Garmin brand GPS devices
from OpenStreetMap
version: 01-07-2015
Name Size Description
metadata/ -
osm_generic_tiles.zip 46M Compressed file containing the tiles and overview map. This is useful for applications like Qlandkarte and Linux users.
Map data © openstreetmap.org and contributors

In Brazil there are two states that have a strange naming convention for federal highways. Currently they appear quite messy on the GPS, and wonder if there would be any chance of making specific rules for these cases?

Se attached image (sorry for extremely large image)

Currently (OSM Generic Routable 09July2015) sri lanka been 3 parts almost all the parts are around 7.5MB. I used to upload GPS traces from time to time via https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Umapathy/traces to fix the road position. Unfortunately with newer download I used to get Out of memory errors even if I clear the old tracks. If you can make Sri Lanka in to 4 or 5 segments it will greatly faciliate to put in to my eTrex10 GPS and I can also contribute with more GPS traces to Sri Lanka. This would be great help for me. Thanks in advance.

@Umapathy, have you tried popejs maps, http://www.gmaptool.eu/en/content/maps-garmin-fenix
Or get a better device which is capable of displaying large maps.

@Skippern, isnt that a mapping fault on OSM?

Can we have a link to the highway or coordinates, please?