Real time 3D map using WebGL

Thanks, j3d!
I know that: the buildings have placeholders for adding of right values. The mappers shoud add all color values with known syntax for whole city.
We will see. :slight_smile:

And sure, we can use opensciencemap…

ok sync should be back to normal speeds.
I doubt it’ll be in sync for your event so using OSM2World is a good idea :slight_smile:

It seems that sync is not working.

I do not see my recent changes on f4map. Even changes from 2014-08-09 are not shown.

Look at:

Yesterday - I think - the last update was 2014-08-04 (difference 18 days), now it’s 2014-08-06 18:39 (difference 17 days).

But: At 2014-08-10 the difference was only 13 days!

We have to wait patiently :wink:

Still dead, and no information from f4.
:expressionless:

Not dead. Actually the last update is 2014-08-11 18:15 (difference 17 days).

sync was stuck the previous weekend, it’s been steadily catching up since last monday, I’ll keep monitoring it just in case :slight_smile:

Cactusbone,
may I use screenshot from f4 in one newspaper publication?
Of course, I will name the source.

Over,
Marek

Sure thing, as long as the screenshot contains both f4 & osm contributors informations
something like :
©F4map & OpenStreetMap contributors

Exactly this. Sure, I´ll do it.
Thanks.
Marek

Would be nice to see updated data from f4. AFAIK the pro of the JS processing is that the updates appear soon and dont require any server processing?

Just curious - is there a particular reason the F4 map stopped catching up for more than a week now, staying consistently 5 days behind the current state…?

I have set up graph of F4 map delay from realtime. Looks like most of the time catches up pretty fast, but sometimes got stuck.
Graph of F4 map sync delay for past week

our server lost internet connection this weekend, and got stuck on sync when it got back, hence the lost day in sync.
our sync got way slower than it uses to be, I’ll try to work on it when I have time, but hopefully we’ll be in sync by then !

yeah ! finally back in sync !

The server seems to have crashed - it’s falling behind about one hour per hour… :slight_smile:

Suggestion: Show on your page “3D model of the week”. I think, it could be a nice motivation for the mapper. :wink:

Bug: http://demo.f4map.com/#lat=49.4540774&lon=11.0780151&zoom=21&camera.theta=45.623&camera.phi=-95.397

What´s the reason?

There seems to be a problem with the F4 map recently - both in Firefox and Chrome it started to insists I do not have WebGL, whereas it worked perfectly up to now (and I’m perfectly sure I changed nothing). Chrome is up-to-date to the most recent. ANY OTHER PAGE WITH WEBGL ON THE INTERNET is still working fine for me in both browsers. What’s going on…?

Since a few weeks many overlapping roof shapes are no longer show up correctly:-(
I hope, they will revert to an earlier version or fix it soon.