Adding/updating maps--understanding the dates and colors

I only have one state map installed right now. I notice that when I go to the download manager, some maps are in a green font and some are blue. Most are black. What do the colors indicate? Also, what do the dates mean? In the screenshot below it says Edition: 03/22/2014 and in the right column it says 03/23/2014 above the file size. I re-installed this map today (3/28/2014) so it doesn’t seem to be related to the date the map was installed.

Blue is new version of the map You already have is available
Green means You already have latest map.
I think black is the map being available for download but You do not have it yet in Your device.

Tomek

@Tomek, I am not sure what you meant by “Blue is new version of the map You already have is available”. I think you meant to say that I have downloaded an older version of that map, but a new one is available. In which case the dates on the screen might mean that I have installed the 3/22/2014 version, but there was a new version on 3/23/2014 (missed it by one day).

However, in this case, I have tried updating this Virginia map three times and it always shows up in blue. Just a few minutes ago I downloaded that map (today is 3/28/2014). Everything looked like it went ok, but when I come back to this same screen, everything looks the same. Either I have found a bug or we are wrong about what the blue font and the dates mean.

I had that too. Sometimes, even after a map update/download, the map would stay blue. No idea why.

Please refer to the Osmand googlegroup mailinglist via http://osmand.net

This topic about wrong colours for map files to be updated or not has been there already for several month.

But I am not sure whether there has been a bug fix already.