Webkaartje met Fietstags

Bij mij werkt dit webkaartje niet meer. Er lijkt een API probleem te zijn waardoor de aangevinkte items niet meer getoond worden. Iemand enig idee wat er aan de hand is?

Geen idee, de laatste wijziging was op jouw verzoek, 4/10 toen heb ik de link naar openstreetbugs veranderd.
Daarna heeft het goed gewerkt dus daar kan het niet aan liggen. Ook op http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Platform_Status staat niets op rood.
Morgen maar weer proberen.

Edit: die van Noordfiets doet het nog wel :confused:

De kaart van Noordsfiets queried overpass-api.de direct, de andere krijgt 504 Gateway Timeouts op de requests via de proxy op mijndev.openstreetmap.nl.

Mogelijk is de timeout te kort op de proxy, of kan de proxy overpass-api.de niet bereiken.

Ik heb die proxy nu op false gezet (was true) en nu doet ie het weer (maar misschien niet in IE 9/8? IE 10 doet het wel).
Geen idee wat er op mijndev.openstreetmap.nl aan de hand is.

OK. Bedankt. Ziet er nu inderdaad weer goed uit. Ik gebruik em nogal eens om een link op osm.org opmerkingen te zetten zodat duidelijk is wat er fout is. Werkt erg goed.

Inmiddels heeft Stefan wat gefixed zodat de timeouts verholpen zijn (OFM BNL map was ook niet meer bereikbaar).

Jammer is het dat als je van het ene tagveld (cyclwaytags) naar het andere gaat (routetags)en je gaat weer terug, dat hij de instelling van vorig gebruik niet onthoud.
Dit switchen

Had gehoopt op een kerstcadeautje, maar ja de noordelijke kerstman had geen tijd.

Da maar tot eind december wachten en zien of het dit jaar wel lukt …
Ik probeer het te onthouden voor een regenachtige zondagmiddag of zo.

Op mijn kaart werkt het inmiddel: http://server.mijneigen.net/fiets/tags

Ligfietser: idee om over te nemen, zo gemaakt dat het jouw wijzigingen niet in de weg zit?

Bedankt Noordfiets, zit nu in de BTM!

Mooi, nu nog een regenachtige week hier.

#572 #573 voor als het nog eens regent.

Hallo,

in advance, I just followed the link from the wiki-page for “Bicycle Tags Map” and am not sure if I’m in the right place. Also I didn’t check if this has been posted already, if so I’m sorry for the double posting.

Now my problem: I have tagged both a cycle lane and a shared_lane with the cycleway:right/left=lane/shared_lane pattern. Now, if I select “cycleway=shared_lane” at the overlay-window, nothing appears. However, it will show up if I select “cycleway=lane”. Plus the tag “cycleway=shared_lane” shows up correctly, so do “cycleway=lane” and “cycleway:right/left=lane”.
My best guess is, that there is a bug in the code. I hope one of you, can help me with that.

I have created a Permalink to a example in my Hometown. The Road “Vogelsang” has a cycle lane, and east to that “Krämerstraße” has a shared_lane.

Best wishes from Germany
Hubert

Hallo Hubert,
Yes you are at the right spot. Thanks for your report, I have added cycleway:right=shared_lane and cycleway:left=shared_lane. And also fixed the code from cycleway=lane.
See http://mijndev.openstreetmap.nl/~ligfietser/fiets/index.html?map=cycleways&zoom=19&lat=54.0901&lon=12.14138&layers=B00000FFFFFFTTFFFFFFFFFFF

But aren’t you making it extremely complicated with tags there?
You tag the right side as well as the left side of the road with shared_lane, but i.m.h.o. you could do that with one tag: cycleway=shared_lane (means both sides have a shared_lane). If only one side has a shared lane, we (in NLD’s) use cycleway:right or cycleway:left. And what does cycleway=both mean? You already specify cycleway:left AND cycleway:right. Better keep it simple, this is very confusing for map makers / routing engines.

Excelent. Thank You. That was really fast. :slight_smile:

As to your questions:

Yes, it’s not exactly KISS. However, because the type of cycleway (track/lane/shared_lane/etc.) changes alot in my town, and because they are often different on both sides or only one side has a cycleway, I personally find it easyer to map by just keeping the style consistent and always use right/left. Also I didn’t invent this, but got inspired by the Lübecker Methode (in german).

Also Yes; not KISS and not consens, I am aware of it.
I use a two step methode here. First I define on what side a cycleway is present (e.g. *right *side, *left *side or *both sides). Than I define the type of cycleway (track/lane/etc.) and everything else that is interesting using a prefix "cycleway:right/left:". And, as you said, because I also “cycleway:left” and “cycleway:right”, there is no harm if a renderer/router ignores it.

I might be wrong, but I don’t agree with that (the “very confusing for map makers / routing engines” part not the “Better keep it simple”, that is generally true). If the “right”/“left” tags are used by a renderer or a router even once, it shouln’t make a differnce if it used a lot or only a few times.
I hope I could explain my self a bit and again, thanks for fixing the page that quickly.
Hubert

But now there has to be a special rule to ignore it, if the others are present. So it does harm.

Could you explain that a little more please.
If I (as a Renderer) simply want to show all cyclways, regardless of their type and road side, I just look for “cycleway=" (and additionly "bicycle=” for all cyclable ways) and a “=no" tag needs to be excluded either way. It then will show a line when the key is one of “lane/shared_lane/right/left/both/etc.”. No Information lost there. Contrary, it is easier, because I wouldn’t need to include "cycleway:right/left=” to show that a cycleway is present if it is only tagged for one side of the road.
If I want to show the cycleway, regardless of its type, but on the correct side of the road, and I don’t know the “cycleway=right/left/both” tags, I already have to look for a “cycleway:right/left=*” tag and render it on the appropriate side. “cycleway=right/left/both” doesn’t concern me in that case. Also,when there is no “cycleway:right/left” key the values “right/left/both” wouldn’t be present in the “cycleway” tag, since it would have the ‘normal’ “track/lane/shared_lane/etc.” keys.
It also wouldn’t be a problem, when I want to render the cycleway differntly for every type and on the correct side of the road. I still need a solution for when I have two differnt types on each side and that solution than also works if both side are the same.
What case am I missing that would’t make it a problem?

Hubert, it’s nice to see that the tag-checker is used internationally now …
I did take a look at the ’ Lübecker Methode". I can understand the underlying principles, but
from a Dutch point of view it’s overly complicated.
But we in the Netherlands must realize that our approach to cycling is not common in the world.

As for Germany: in my experience only Ost-Friesland is quite simular to our roads. In fact: it’ still feels like home …

Yes, it’s a very nice tool, if you want to quickly check the bicycle/cycleway-taggings without loading everything in JOSM in filter it.

Yes, it is. And it took me a while to understand parts of it. Also, I don’t map exactly like it, because I differ on some Keys or Values. But I like the structure. Plus it’s nicely shows the problem when mixing the German-Order-System with our highway code and the possibilities of OSM.
Do you have non mandatory but exclusive cycleways in the Netherlands? I couldn’t find anything with google or in wikipedia.

Not yet anyway. In germany we want dutch cycleways, the swiss rialway and the skandinavian educational system. Also other Countrys are looking towards the Netherlands on how to build cycleways.

Yes, in the country side the cycleway “infrastructure” is fairly developed. One only has to share it with Pedestrians, Mofas, and tree roots. The Problems are the cities. That where it get complicated. Oh and one always has to watch for turning vehicles, not the otherway around.(Sadly no irony.)
Edit:Typo

If you have cycleway=both (and no other tags) you have to make a guess as to what type. So you end op drawing that as e.g. bold blue casings to the road. A shared_lane would only get dashed casings. But you won’t see that if you tag cycleway=both + cycleway:left=shared_lane + cycleway:right=shared_lane unless there is a special rule to ignore the cycleway=both if the others are present.

It’s a bit like initially tagging a way with cycleway=track and then later drawing separate ways for the cycleways. If you don’t remove the cycleway=track at that time, then you are saying that there are four cycleways in stead of two.

Maybe the problem for me to understand your concern is, that I am using Maperitive and OsmAnd for Rendering. But:

1. I am not saying that one should only use cycleway=both/left/rigth and nothing else. I belive that if someone has little time or experience one can use it to discribe that a cycleway is present; so cycleway=right/left/both is to be places somewhere between cycleway=yes and cycleway=track/lane/shared_lane or cycleway:right/left=track/lane/shared_lane if the cycleway is only on one side of the road.
  2. How do you distinguish a cycleway=shared_lane from an other type, let say cycleway=lane? It could only be a problem with bad rendering algorithms like

IF cycleway=shared_lane THEN 
  dashed line
ELSE
  solid line
ENDIF

Otherwise it wouldn’t show up at all because cycleway=both/right/left are unknown.

IF cycleway=lane THEN solid line ENDIF 
IF cycleway=shared_lane THEN dashed line ENDIF 

And what about the case where you have two diferent types, lets say cycleway:left=shared_lane + cycleway:right=lane. Wouldn’t that be a problem, too?
Also, is this a purely theoretical discussion? Or is there a renderer that doesn’t render it correctly, so that I can see what I would cause with that?

Edit:First version accidently submitted by pressing