" --merge-lines",
	" --add-pois-to-areas",
	" --preserve-element-order",
	" --route",
	" --name-tag-list=name:en,int_name,name:zh_py,name:engels,name"

Can you also add
–copyright-message: Map data © openstreetmap.org, Map layout © openfietsmap.nl

And update the styles and typ file?

Sorry Ligfietser, I must have been deprived of enough blood sugar when creating those config files :roll_eyes:

No worries, the only tag that could lead to routing issues is --make-opposite-cycleways
I have my own solution for this in my styles so this one isnt needed.

Just installed the new OFM. This seems to be ok. Both with the included typ file and with my own 2, adjusted ones.
Question for ligfietser: do I have to check my own typ’s agains the included one? Are there important or interesting changes?

Geert

Good to hear everyting is fine now. You can check the differences in typ files on ati.land.cz or check the revisions in the OFM typ file here:
http://code.google.com/p/mkgmap-style-sheets/source/diff?spec=svn92&r=92&format=side&path=/trunk/typ/Openfietsmap+lite/20011.txt&old_path=/trunk/typ/Openfietsmap+lite/20011.txt&old=86

Hi Lambertus,

Thanks for the easy to use Garmin map download facility.
It has become a lot more userfriendly and versatile since I last visited in 2011. OSM is unstoppably moving forward!

I’d love to see two additions though:

• some readymade maps for download. Navigation map of Europe or Benelux would be my first idea, but maybe you can see in your logs which are the most frequently requested maps.
  • The ability to select multiple countries in the country dialog. For me I would like to select all tiles for Netherlands, Belgium and Germany for instance.

Kind Regards and thanks for you great work.

Bert

Hello Bert, thanks for the compliments, they are shared with many others who contributed :slight_smile:

I’ve previously dreamed about a functionality like this. I guess the best option would be to provide a polygon in Well Known Text format as url parameters and then match+select tiles. Something like:

http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl?POLYGON((30 10, 10 20, 20 40, 40 40, 30 10))

This would allow people to provide permalinks to areas that are independent of map versions. Shouldn’t be too difficult to implement, but time is in short demand.

That’s a nice idea, something like hold the shift-key while clicking on a list item to add another country to the selection?

I guess that’s why the typ file and mkgmap configuration developed by Minko and me hasn’t been implemented yet. Anyway, I appreciate the time and effort you put into this project. I have now figured out how to drag and drop make my own maps. :sunglasses:

Beddhist, shame on me for I not implementing the stylesheet yet, you guys put a lot of time into that. Is it possible that you investigate what changes in Mkgmap parameters are needed to get the stylesheet in use?

I’ll try. First, let me know your current params. I don’t think I have ever changed them, though.

Regards,
Peter.

Lambertus, I see you use --generate-sea=land-tag=natural=background also for the generic map but since natural=background is not a tag (with correspondent garmin ID) in the default style so either this would be ignored (which I hope) or the map will have issues. :confused: Only use this tag for the OFM Lite.

What does max_size = 810241024 do? I assume it’s an internal parameter for your tile scripts or is it a mkgmap option?

Ok, the generate sea option is gone. The max_size is a parameter for the scripts, the generic map is created with tiles which are no larger then 8 MB so that older Garmin device users can use them.

These options look fine to me, although I’m no mkgmap expert. Just give it a whirl.

Whirl given :smiley:

Takes a while before it’ll be available for download though. The update must finish successfully and I have to adapt the site to add a test version of the generic map.

Thanks Lambertus. I look forward to see the fruits of our combined labours.

Is there a way to install more then one card to for ex. mapsource from openstreetmaps?

If I want to install more then one card it says generic card already exists and deletes that card so I can only see last installed one.

I already tried to rename the map after install with JaVaWa GMTK but that does not work, problem stays the same.

Welcome to the forum, Estate.

[ When you write card you mean map, of course. ] The answer to your question is in the FAQ, which you should read anyway. You need to change the product ID. Changing the name is optional, but useful, otherwise they are all called “OSM Generic”.

Regards,
Peter.