JOSM Changes Shortcuts for Other Programs (Linux)

Correction: The cause for the key failure was not any sort of software but a crumb under the key!

Hello community,

During the last days I used JOSM for the first time. So far it seems to work fine.

However, I detected that the shortcuts for copy & paste (Strg-c and Strg-v) do not work anymore on my computer - even after switching off the computer and switching it on hours later. Instead of copying a ‘c’ appears and instead of pasting a ‘v’ appears on the screen.

As operating system I use OpenSUSE Linux 10.3 with KDE 3.5.7. Can anybody help with a hint?

Thanks,
ReiPar

Addition:
I have now discovered that only the left Strg key is affected by the problem described above. This is bad, though.

Which version of java do you use?
Please call “java -version” in a terminal and paste the output.

Here is the output of “java -version”:

java version "1.6.0_15"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_15-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 14.1-b02, mixed mode)

Addition:
Wambacher asked for the output when JOSM is started in a console.
My command was: “java -jar josm-tested.jar”. Here is the output:

Repository Root: http://josm.openstreetmap.de/svn
Build-Date: 2012-01-30 02:32:23
Last Changed Author: stoecker
Revision: 4878
Repository UUID: 0c6e7542-c601-0410-84e7-c038aedXXXXX
URL: http://josm.openstreetmap.de/svn/trunk
Last Changed Date: 2012-01-30 00:02:54 +0100 (Mon, 30 Jan 2012)
Last Changed Rev: 4878

Thanks for your efforts,
ReiPar

Your whole setup is very outdated - end of life of OpenSUSE 10.3 was in 2009 and 1.6.0_31 is the current java version.
Don’t expect anyone to support this configuration…

I don’t think that this is a josm bug, but rather a jre one.

Hello,

the cause for not working of the left Strg key was a much simpler one than JRE or JOSM: There was a crumb under the key which I didn’t notice. This is the first experience of such a key failure, because I carefully keep all food away from my keyboard.

Thank you for your thinking, though. I’m sorry for annoying you with this at the end very simple problem.

I know that my operating system is rather outdated. But I don’t have a second - perhaps old or different type of - computer as a replacement, if a new installed operating system doesn’t work for any reason. I like OpenSUSE, but the support for updates is rather short. Honestly, I downloaded the new Java version today and tried to install it several times in different manners (without and with YAST), but it obviously failed. The output of “java -version” is the same as before.

ReiPar