Mapsource

Hi
My Mapscource has displayed an error message an closed and continues to do the same I have 4 routable maps loaded Australia.Portugal.Spain & France and it all gone t up anyone able to help out.Have reloaded Mapsource after I deleted it but still no go.

It would help if you’d post the error message, but I’m guessing one or more of the maps have not been installed properly (registry problems). You could try to remove the maps one-by-one to see if that helps.

Message says
Error Information

App MapSource
At 08/07/2010 14.53.13 (UTC)
OS. Windows XP Service Pack 3
Processor x86.Processor Level. 6 Processor 2 Model 23 Stepping 10 RAM 2056488

TDB_REGIONDIR.CPP-164-6.15.11.0

Product ID: 131072003
Region ID: 63240278

hope this helps

From which website did you download those maps?

from openstreet

That’s not very helpful unfortunately. There are a lot of OpenStreetMap based Garmin map providers…

At least, the Product ID: 131072003 is not from my website: http://garmin.na1400.info/routable.php

I thought the product ID was limited to 8 decimal digits. Could that be the OP’s problem?

Well spotted, I agree.

when I say openstreet I mean this site your own server hence the sensible idea to log on to this forum (i thought)
emai info
Hi,

Your request for a routable Garmin map on garmin.na1400.info is ready.

The server has generated four different configurations of your map:

• Installer for Garmin MapSource (Windows).
  • Installer for Garmin RoadTrip (Mac OSX)
  • Combined image for direct manual placement on the GPS device (gmapsupp.img)
  • A zip file containing the tiles in the request, especially useful for Linux users (e.g. QLandkarte)

Please browse to the website listed below and download the map configuration(s) you’re interested in. Your request will be available on the server for 48 hours before it’s deleted.
<http://planetosm.oxilion.nl/~lambertus/garmin/routable/26-06-2010/8492e87fc67ae84683c5ea7371c4eac7>

Note other comments from others what is OP please?

notedmy question has been moved any idea why please

Well, that’s not true. This is the OpenStreetMap forum and my Garmin website is my own service that uses OpenStreetMap data for Garmin maps. Those are two really different things actually, but I can understand that you got the impression.

Ok, thanks for this information. I don’t have a Windows machine at hand here so I will try that map tomorrow to see if it has the same problem on my work machine.

OP is an abbreviation of Opening Post or First Post or Topic Starter (that would be you in this case :wink: )

Oh darn, I forgot to download the map from the link and now it’s gone. A bit dumb of me… Anyway, I still think the product ID is strange and suspect that another map you have installed (?) is causing the problem.

What version of Mapsource do you have? The latest version can crash when trying to autoroute.
I’ve had to revert to version 6.15.11 and have no problems.

Crashes also might depend on what OS you are using. Mapsource 6.15.11 crashed regularly with Win7 64. 6.16.1 and 6.16.2 don’t crash in Win7 64. Also the earliest 6.16.x version crashed my mkgmap compiled maps. 6.16.2 seems much better behaved with the same maps.