Cycleway - Multiple relations and Naming conventions

Hi,

I have been mapping parts of my cycleride in france from last year and updating the routes so I can retrace them this summer easier…

In particular the section from Roscoff to Morlaix is noted as being EV1 which is the main route I took and mapped… This route is also shared by EV4 for the first section of the journey…

I have added 2 relations to the ways where they are shared. Is this the correct practice? the section on mutliple relations appears not to give a definifive answer on how to do this…

Furthermore I have noted that this si also seen to be on the V7 route which I would also like to add… I note that most routes are labeled Vx numbers, however, the french cycle route and relations page lists them as BRx numbers… which should i be using? is there duplication of the routes and relations already?

Also I have added the EV4 relation to the system. How do i ensure that this is linked to the wiki EV4 page and listings? or is this done automatically…

I hope this makes sense. would welcome a response to get the mapping in a sensible order for others to understand and use…

thanks

dwjp

Hi DWJP and welcome to the club!

Yes that’s right. A way can belong to as many relations as it needs to

I can’t help with that one, I’m afraid. Try the Wiki’s discussion page or the French mailing lists http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mailing_lists

No it won’t be automatic. If you want to update the wiki you will need to register another account. There was talk of sharing login details across the various parts but I don’t know if this is yet the case.

Once you’re logged in you will see [Edit] links on all the sections, so just have a look at the other lines in the table and copy their format, using your new relation numbers in place of theirs.

HTH

Thanks Seventy7… Nice to know i am heading in the right direction… will look into the Wiki page updates…

dwjp