New to OSM

In the summers of 2007-2008 I spent some time hiking in Switzerland (mainly in theValais) and collected many tracklogs. I have just discovered OSM, and would like to upload most of them. Today I uploaded three, they are here. I would very much appreciate comments and advice before I start uploading and editing the rest!

If you reply in French I can understand it, if in German I will see what Google Translate does (usually not a very good job :)).

Hello,

Any help in the alps is very welcome! I see you already started to convert your tracks to OSM-Highways, and so far it looks quite fine to me.

Just two comments:

• highway=track is for wider ways that are usuable for vehicles like tractors or 4x4 (e.g. Jeep)

• highway=path is for narrower ways that are only used by hikers and mountainbikers

If you don’t remember, I would recommend to tag it as a highway=path

Some of your ways are not connected to each other.

• To end a way “on” another way, you have to move your pointer near the second way. If the nodes turn blue, you’re near enough and you can click - the new way is connected on the old one.

• To start a way “on” an other way, you have to select the old way first.
    [list=*]

• If there is already a node where your new way starts, press “shift” and click on the node to start a new way

• Otherwise press shift and klick on the way where you want your new way to start - a new node on the way is created. Proceed as above. :slight_smile:

[/*] [/list]

Have a look at Lonvias Hiking Map, it’s a map for the hiking network in Switzerland (and worldwide):
http://osm.lonvia.de/hiking.html

If you have further questions, don’t hesitate to ask!

Greetings from Switzerland,
Thomas