Eurotunnel problem - solution possible?

Hi,

on my favourite OSM based SatNav app (MapFactor Navigator on Android) Eurotunnel can’t be part of a route from France to Britain.

The Navigator programmer told me that to his knowledge “Eurotunnel is broken”.

I tried a second OSM based Android app (Scout), which also routed only through Calais-Dover shipping.

I took a careful look at the Eurotunnel terminal, but couldn’t even begin to guess what might be wrong.

Is there someone who can find out - and maybe even fix it?

Kind Regards,

J.

As far as I see there is no accessible highway connection between France and Britain. No Street → no routing.
Using trains for car routing is not supported by routing apps. Of course not.

There is only a theoretical connection using an proposed feature shuttle_train which seems also not supported by routing apps.
This feature should be similar to using ferry boats. Maybe this hint can be useful for your programmer?!

+1.
The wikipage list several routing apps supporting route=shuttle_train.
OSRM : http://map.project-osrm.org/?z=10&center=51.049164%2C1.675415&loc=51.097917%2C1.034946&loc=50.939690%2C1.856046&hl=en&ly=&alt=&df=&srv=
OSMAND also works as expected

SatNav and Scout are not using all OSM data. Ask their programmers to suport “route=shuttle_train”

Thanks - I’ll try that (and your advice comes just at the right time, as Scout are promising “a really major update, hopefully in the first quarter of 2016”).