OGR2OGR and osmconf.ini usage

Hello,

I am trying to use GDAL ogr2ogr.exe but I am having problems with osmconf.ini file configuration.

I tried using different binaries for Windows (QGIS, Gisinternals, OSGeo4W and MapServer) but I am not able to get all tags from a PBF or an OSM file.

Probably I am not able to configure properly the osmconf.ini file, but all changes I do, have no impact on the result.

Here is the command line I used:

ogr2ogr -f “ESRI Shapefile” -skipfailures -sql “select * from points where other_tags LIKE ‘%peak%’” F:\GEC\Sources\OSM\Italy F:\GEC\Sources\OSM\italy-latest.osm.pbf

I would like to export the “ele” attribute for “natural=peak”, but I am not able to get it in the resultant shapefile.

Any suggestion is very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Giorgio

Is this still a problem for you? You should show also what you have in your osmconf.ini.

Probably I am not able to configure properly the osmconf.ini file, but all changes I do, have no impact on the result.

Found this post as I had the exact same problem. Turns out I have three (3!) osmconf.ini files on my system. And obviously I was editing the wrong one. So I changed all three, and then it worked.