"Failure to write on disc/file"

Hello,
During this night I decided to continue to download the Gsmapsup.img of 1 Gb on my camera, which has a bigger entrance/gate, twice as big, then the one in Dakota 20, put the computer to sleep, in order to continue in the morning after placing de SD card into my camera.
What do I find: Windows says: unable to write on disc, this is in the end the result after uncoupling the procedure, which happened to be blocked. (don’t remember what was said originally), nor remove the Gsmapsup.img file (± 500 Mb).
Formatting via My Computer is impossible, same remark.

Has anybody a clue, exept for the advice: don’t download maps on your Dakota, I got that aspect already?
By the way: I can make foto’s with the card, remove them on the camera but not via My Computer! So, exept for the Garmin-map/file also other files seem to be attacked.

Thanks for any help, if you have them, I think personally: card is gone.
Found on beforehand that on uncoupling the Dakotas USB, I received the remark: red cross: failure with Windows… etc.(don’t remember exact what was said). I ignored the remark, evereything worked fine, sofar…

What filesystem is on your SD card? is it FAT32 ?

Yes, indeed. (Features)

How big exactly is the file you tried to store on it?

If you suspect a crashed filesystem and you have no data on that disk, I would recommend to boot a live linux to wipe the disk with the command ‘dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdX bs=4M’ (replace “sdX” with your SD card as shown by ‘lsblk’, if unsure show us the output of ‘lsblk’) and reformat it under Windows.

Supplemental: Just got another idea: There’s a little switch on the left of your SD card. Make sure it’s completly direction the pins. Explanation: This switch should ensure nothing is written to that SD card, but some devices are ignoring it.

Comment by Veldfiets rescued from the report list:

“to boot a live linux to wipe the disk etc.”

How do I do this? I don’t understand: do I need Linux?
Can you explain it a little bit better for me?
Thanks, may be it is thé clue, did’nt resolve it until now.(may be not resolvable).

“to boot a live linux to wipe the disk etc.” Rayquaza.

How do I do this? I don’t understand: do I need Linux?
Can you explain it a little bit better for me?
Thanks, may be it is thé clue, did’nt resolve it until now.(may be not resolvable).