OpenStreetMap Forum

The Free Wiki World Map

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-03 12:27:38

Josm: Split polygon function?

Hi, is there a easy/comfortable way in Josm to split a polygon into two independet polygons (preferably without sharing nodes along their shared border)? What I want to do: I stumbled across a few not-that-good digitized forests, which are in fact independant forests with farmlands inbetween, so I want to split them and move the sharing borders to the border of the forest (the rest of the border is not that bad, probably edited earlier).

I know, I can do it with splitting the way at two nodes, unsharing these nodes and combining the two ways to two polygons, but I think of some GIS-functionality that I can draw just a line over the polygon and it gets splitted along this; or I select two nodes and with a magic shortcut it splits the polygon into two at this two nodes (similar to Merkaartor).

Thanks for your help...

#2 2012-10-03 13:49:29

Lambertus
Administrator
Website

Re: Josm: Split polygon function?

You can try the "terracer" plugin...it is specifically meant to split housing blocks into separate units, but might be able to split a polygon in two as well (I did not test this).

Mapping tools: Garmin GPSmap 60CSx, Giant Terrago 2002

#3 2012-10-04 19:51:24

or the utilplugin2?

#4 2012-10-05 01:27:46

Tordanik
Super Senior Member
Website

stephan75 wrote:

or the utilplugin2?

Yes, I would also recommend the utilsplugin2, see http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM … ilsplugin2

It has a "split area" tool. Split nodes will afaik be shared, but can of course be "unglued" afterwards.

#5 2012-10-05 18:52:01

Thanks a lot, I will try this next time. That day I did it the old way, but I stumbled upon this task quite several times. - And of course, there are many other useful situations, where it would be necessary, that the nodes would be shared, so that is ok.

Last edited by Cottaer (2012-10-05 18:52:37)

Board footer